Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Hey Mother Nature.... (Read 46 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

The return home was safe, just not comfortable.  Undecided

Running for TJ because he can't.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I'm convinced that my hip soreness was a result of my Pure Flows being old and worn down, since I ran 8 wonderful pain-free miles in my Wave Riders last night. So, this morning, I went on Running Warehouse and ordered another pair of the Riders since they're on liquidation. Clearance price plus the coupon code made them $58. SWEET.

I'm looking at 4-5 fartleky miles at lunch.

Have a great day, everyone!

StepbyStep-SH

I'm with you, LRB. 20* this morning just felt COLD. And I'm still not warmed up - time for my second (large) cup of coffee. Worth a few goosebumps, though, to see the full moon.

10 miles done in 9:16 overall pace. 2 mile w/u, then 60 minutes of 3:00 @ 10k effort, 2:00 easy, c/d. I say 10k effort, because the only segments that were actually 10k pace were the downhill ones. I'll hit my miles for this week, but my paces have taken a toll. Good thing next week is a cutback.

I also have my strength training class, which could be tough since I still have a bit of DOMS from Tuesday (primarily in one glute muscle, thanks to some stability work she had us doing - one-arm fly with the stability ball under our shoulders and holding in a bridge. That puts a lot of focus on the glutes and core!).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning dailies!

Did my interval workout where I played around with increasing the speed of the rest interval. I eventually ended where the rest interval was run faster than the actual run interval. A workout that was both amazing and mind boggling - and by the way, I'm just messin' with youz!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

6 easy done w/ 8-100 meter strides.

Busy morning, holla back later!

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  If you want to google what I thought this said, feel free to google felix churras.  You be warned!

WHAT IT DO, YO!  Feliz churros!  Between meetings and appointments, I'm looking at about two hours of actually working today, which is still about two hours more than I care for.  I've got my post-op follow up appointment with the knee doc this morning, immediately followed by PT.  It should be an intresting morning.

I did an hour on the elliptical last night, and tonight will be spinning.  Enjoy your Thursday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

One also has more cushion than the other are more drop.  I have both shoes and I feel more run over with the Flows than the Mizunos.

Morning!

I'm convinced that my hip soreness was a result of my Pure Flows being old and worn down, since I ran 8 wonderful pain-free miles in my Wave Riders last night. So, this morning, I went on Running Warehouse and ordered another pair of the Riders since they're on liquidation. Clearance price plus the coupon code made them $58. SWEET.

I'm looking at 4-5 fartleky miles at lunch.

Have a great day, everyone!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

One also has more cushion than the other are more drop.  I have both shoes and I feel more run over with the Flows than the Mizunos.

Yeah, totally. But, I've had the Flows since May and I suck at tracking mileage so I think they're just too worn. I had no problems in the past with them. I liked them well enough but I probably won't buy them again... Although I did like having a lower-drop shoe in rotation.

Yeah, totally. But, I've had the Flows since May and I suck at tracking mileage so I think they're just too worn. 

You use the RA training log, why don't you use it to track your shoe mileage? It's a great tool. Too late for any existing shoes, but now's the time to start for your new ones.

Dave

B-Plus

2.8 @ 9:28.  have 2 x 15 min @ HMP planned for later.

YAYpril - B-Plus

You use the RA training log, why don't you use it to track your shoe mileage? It's a great tool. Too late for any existing shoes, but now's the time to start for your new ones.

I'm planning on tracking with my new shoes. Smile

Dave, terrific ten-miler.

Phil, good luck with the knee doc and PT. Have fun spinning.

scottydawg, enjoy your three to four miles, wherever they take you.

DaveP MI, I hope that the eight-mile run refreshes you. Insomnia sucks.

BruceD555, your earned that recovery run after running fourteen miles yesterday.

B-Plus, I hope that doubling goes well. Great job with the first session.

Scott, I'm glad that your workout with your trainer went well. I hope that the fix is as easy as new shoes.

AprilRunner, yay for new shoes helping! Enjoy your four to five this afternoon.

Shari, terrific ten miles. I hope that you feel well enough for strength training.

Gustav, great intervals.

Rick, bravo on the easy six with strides.

6.50 miles done in 58:56.51. Splits were 9:20.98/9:06.26/9:03.41/9:04.83/9:02.22/9:01.07/4:17.74 (8:43.48).

I'm happySmile

Hip Redux

LRB - effing spring.   It was rainy and cold this morning.  GRRRR.

Dtothe2nd - sweet run!!

Bruce - The first real sign of spring... a beardless avi is a must. Big grin

Spark - knee issues?  What's up?  ITB stuff?

Robert -  uh oh... what happened?

Basya - Nice!  Your pace is dropping, right?  It looks like you're making some serious gains!

Today is going to be a see how the weather is kinda day.   If it stays this dreary crap, I'll just gym it with my legs workout - lunges, deadlifts, etc.   If it warms up, I'll get out for a run.   I want to be out in shorts, dammit.

If it warms up, I'll get out for a run.   I want to be out in shorts, dammit.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I would add all the older shoes too.  Just fill in the information and starting mileage, put an estimate of what you think it has.

I'm planning on tracking with my new shoes. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page