Beginners and Beyond

We Are The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 36 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins! She Can - I love my low fat chocolate milk as a recovery drink Yesterday I ran 7.3 miles them cut the grass with the pug mower. One of these days I want to weary Garmin when I cut the grass - curious minds need to know !

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I luvs me autocorrect!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Short run and maybe weights after the chiro visit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Good morning Gus and DR -- 6-7 miles tonight, plus yardwork.
            Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - I might try the garmin for lawn mowing different patterns to try to optimize my process. Ran 6.31 this morning. Wife and I are going to see Spirit of the Marathon II tonight. So, no running tonight. If I take off tomorrow morning and run tomorrow night, is that technically a rest day? It would be 36 hours between runs.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Short, quick little run this morning just to keep my legs moving, 1.5 miles at 11:04 pace.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Gus, Rocket, Margo, AW and Pengs. Hope the rain holds off until after work (that would be 1:00). DW wants to run. Go Hawks...

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Morning penguins! Plans are varied today. If the weather holds, then about 4 tonight w/my running group. If we get the storms that may hit our area, then about 6 inside on the treddy. Gustav, Awood-Love the garmin idea for lawn mower efficiency. I have about 20 trees to circle-would love to know the shortest pattern. Damaris, Phillie, Kristin--Good morning! Jerry--Hope the rain holds off. Go Jackets. Yes, I know their position in the pecking order.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Bin Running

Gustav, waring Garmin would be interesting.. HRM too? Damaris, taper madness? Margo, Enjoy the 6-7 whichever you managed.. Smile Awood, I think SoM II would not generate much revenue at where I am (I might be wrong though)... Just curious to know how well it is selling there.. Krsitin, Congrats on the run.. Jerry, You lucky guy.. Knock off at 1.00? Hope the weather holds.. Sam, Enjoy the run later.. 6M this morning.. I admit I join L&O to see what's going on there after the super long thread.. Tongue ***Strange all the paragraph is merging into 1 big paragragh..***

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Me? I wouldn't get taper madness because for it you need to taper first, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!

Trying not to throw myself a personal pity party about the knee, but it flared up again on yesterday's run, too. Actually, it had been going well. I could feel it, but it wasn't bad, but then I accidentally stopped the treadmill while messing with the buttons, and coming to a stop that quickly tweaked it. I started running again, and it hurt. I tried to walk it off for a bit and go back to a run, but it still hurt. So I only got in 3.4 yesterday.

I am just feeling like I'm not really making progress right now. I have PT today and I will talk about it with him. The things I'm thinking of are:

- Getting a patella strap

- Getting a sports massage (or chiro? never been to either)

- Getting a better foam roller

- Doing those single-leg squats on a downward slope that Dr. Google seems to recommend

But I don't necessarily want to throw all of that at it at once, because I won't know what's working. But I'm feeling impatient!

Gustav- I want a pug mower, sounds cute!

D- Good luck at the chiro visit!

Margo- Hope the yard work goes well!

Awood- No, it doesn't count at a RD (only one sleep in between), but I agree it does give you more recovery.

kristin- Nice run!

Jerry- I hope the weather cooperates for you.

ffb- Sometimes when I wanted more miles than the running club, I would show up early and run a warmup, then go on the social run. It can also help because the group doesn't seem to like to start with a slow first mile, which is something I'm used to.

Bin- I bet L&O has a lot of traffic this week!
                          Bin Running

Mel, hope you found out what happen so that you can fix it.. It will take time though..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Hey everyone, my pup finally ate some last night and a few bites this morning. I took a RD yesterday, maybe an easy 3-4 today. Zel, I hate that your knee keeps acting up, hope it gets better soon.
                              Docket_Rocket

Zel, sorry about the flare up. Hoping it's just temporary.

Damaris

Fundraising Page