Beginners and Beyond

This is the TUESDAILIES (Read 32 times)

B-Plus

2 days in a row. Wake up people!

Heading out for 8 miles in a bit.

LRB

'Sup!

I originally planned 6 for today but may do my usual 8 if everything checks out.  If I decide to do the former, I will just make a left at Albuquerque.

Cyberic

T (endurance) today. Haven't decided if I'll make it a Tempo run or a Steady State yet. I'll see.

People training with Daniels' book, I know LRB is, what do you use for marathon training? I checked the book again last night, and there are the color plans, but in the marathon section there are different approaches to training for the event. I was wondering how you use the book to prepare for the marathon?

I mean I understand the whole limits for each run thing, I have no problem with that. What I find odd is that for the other distances, he has the training divided in 4 phases, 1st being increasing mileage, 2nd is based on speed (R), 3rd on VO2Max (I) and 4th on endurance (T) if I remember correctly. But the marathon section is not explained in that way.

B-Plus

That was a surprisingly speedy run. I was rolling low 7s at the end. Either my GPS is way off or I have super recovery powers because I wasn't even pushing it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles for tonight.  We had our Anniversary dinner last night (real date is Thursday) and I ate a lot of food!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

That was a surprisingly speedy run. I was rolling low 7s at the end. Either my GPS is way off or I have super recovery powers because I wasn't even pushing it.

Maybe it's the Ottawa air.

delicate flower

Good morning, People of Earth.  I ran 7 easy miles last night, and I ran 7 easy pre-sunrise miles this morning.  I busted out a long sleeve shirt this morning for the first time this season, though I probably didn't need it (low 50's).  I still haven't needed the gloves or winter hat yet, but that day is fast approaching.  I'm hoping to run a double today, work permitting.

Time for coffee.  It's frikkin freezing in this office.

<3

B-Plus

Maybe it's the Ottawa air.

I wish I was staying the weekend for Lily's favourite race!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That big "plus" by the Penguin in the Penguins thread to start the thread always reminds me of this joke:

"What's good about living in Switzerland?"     A:  I'm not sure....but the flag is a big plus...

Texas 'Fashion Folks"

Texas Longhorns Wordmark Ugly Sweater

Golf Texas...

Today's temp will only be in the high 80s here - about 88 or so - so I plan to get a nice run/walk in after work, about 3 - 4 miles, with maybe some hills thrown in.  There is a chance of some showers this afternoon too, so I might even get rained on, which would be quite refreshing.  With this darn Texas drought, long time since I've done a rain run.  Hopefully, there will be no lightning.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Good morning, People of Earth.  I ran 7 easy miles last night, and I ran 7 easy pre-sunrise miles this morning.  I busted out a long sleeve shirt this morning for the first time this season, though I probably didn't need it (low 50's).  I still haven't needed the gloves or winter hat yet, but that day is fast approaching.  I'm hoping to run a double today, work permitting.

Time for coffee.  It's frikkin freezing in this office.

My office is so hot outside is better. I think the AC broke again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

2 days in a row. Wake up people!

Heading out for 8 miles in a bit.

Well, winter is right around the corner....folks are starting to hibernate a bit more....   Nice running, B-Plus!

You make a left at Albuquerque, LRB - depending on which direction you're heading -  and keep on going, you might end up in Texas.....see you soon!

Good luck with your run, Cy.

Good morning, People of Earth.  Baboon, '7 easy' is an alien concept to me these days.  Congrats on your miles so far today.  Good luck with the double.

Happy Anniversary in advance, Damaris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning!  The wind blew a ton of forest fire smoke into town yesterday, and by the time it cleared, my motivation was gone.  I will have to do my easy miles on Wednesday instead.  Tonight I have 11 total with 4 x 1.5 intervals. Luckily they're not too fast- the workouts are starting to ramp back down.  I have a late event at work, though, so I will have to be out late to get them done.

Headed down to the hotel treadmill this morning at 5:15. Sign on the fitness center says it opens at 6:30. WTF? But I find a guy to open it for me.

2 warmup, 3 x 2 miles at GMP-10ish w/0.5 mile recoveries, 1 cooldown, 10 total. It was hard.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Headed down to the hotel treadmill this morning at 5:15. Sign on the fitness center says it opens at 6:30. WTF? But I find a guy to open it for me.

2 warmup, 3 x 2 miles at GMP-10ish w/0.5 mile recoveries, 1 cooldown, 10 total. It was hard.

I don't understand why they don't have the gyms open 24 hours at hotels.  If there is key access, why bother closing it?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I originally planned 6 for today but may do my usual 8 if everything checks out...

I split the difference and did 7.