Beginners and Beyond

Wherefore Art Thou, FRIDAILIES? (Read 41 times)

Yo.

I just finished 3.44 uncomfortable miles outside. Maybe it was lack of sleep or only one coffee. It simply sucked, so  I cut it short.

After work, I'll do six or seven on the TM after weights, push-ups, and abs.

B-Plus

Yo B!

Sorry your run sucked. It just means your miles later will be so much better.

Back to sleep I go.

LRB

Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

'Sup B & BP!

No running for me today but I might do some back and triceps work.  Let me see if this coffee can motivate me one way or the other...

delicate flower

Hello FRIDAY!  It is so super to see you again!

8.3 easy miles last night.  8:59 pace.  Jog effort.  Felt really good to run easy and it was my second run in a row without see a bear.  I am hitting the track tonight for some speedwork, and the weather should be the best yet for one of my track workouts.  It should be low 80's with no humidity.  It'll be interesting to see if lower temps and dry air will make any difference.  My first two track workouts were about 90 degrees and a high dew point.

Hello B, BP, and LRB!

<3

LRB

Hello B, BP, and LRB!

'Sup BBB.  That's a lotta B's!

it was my second run in a row without see a bear.  

HE'S ON A STREAK!

8 miles for me. Carry on.

Dave

Cyberic

Goood morning fellow runners! I'm in a gleaming mood this morning! I get off work at noon and will be on vacation for four weeks. It's been quite a while since I took four weeks in a row off work. And as if that wasn't enough, I'll be visiting Spain in those four weeks.

No running for me today. I'll be awake for more than 24 hours, I want to stay as rested as possible.

delicate flower

8 miles for me. Carry on.

You are 9 miles up on me now.  I think I'll run 9.25 miles today.

Cyber, enjoy that four week vacation!  Damn, that's got to be a nice thing to look forward to.

<3

happylily

Morning ladies and gentlemen!

Weekend widow status is about to begin for me. SO has been having all those gun competitions this summer. He's become so obsessed with this little hobby of his... Training like crazy, calling his buddies to talk about their next tournament. And this competitive side he's developed... sheesh... it's just not healthy. I don't understand people like that.

10 easy miles for me tonight. Another beautiful day here. I think today is ice cream parlor day at work.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

...gentlemen! 

*looks around*

Where?

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Basya, lack of sleep would do it.  Hope your next one is better.

B+, you just woke up to respond to Basya?

LRB, enjoy the ST.

Phil, great to hear you did not see a bear.  I mean, it cannot be following you, RIGHT?

Dave, nice 8.  How is the knee?

Cyberic, yay for vacation!  Enjoy your time in Spain and eat lots of good food!

Look at me doing shoutouts!  The world is ending!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lily, enjoy the 10.  And pass me some ice cream.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Cyber, start thinking now of reasons why you will need to access a computer while in beautiful Barcelona. Your wife will want to know why you have this urge to contact those strangers on a running forum.  Enjoy your vacation!

happylily

Lily, enjoy the 10.  And pass me some ice cream.

Okay, which flavor? :-)

Dave, nice 8.  How is the knee?

So far, so good, thanks for asking. I am of course really anxious to get back into normal training mode, especially since I am already behind on a MT plan. But still kind of nervous about pushing it. Because things can be going great, until they're not.

Dave