Beginners and Beyond

Shivering Saturday Penguins (Read 30 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Can't believe I'm the first one up.  That never happens!  But I woke at 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep, so here we are.  Today is a non-running day for me which is probably just as well.  It's cold out there!

Zelanie

Morning!  I am up to drop my daughter off at a robotics event.  They get to find out what kind of robot they are building this spring.

Tempo run last night went well.  It was just the confidence booster I needed.  I let myself run it about 10 seconds too slow, but I'll take that with the issues I've been having.

Bin Running

Ginny, thanks for starting.

Mel, good job on the tempo.

7M done in the afternoon. Serious motivation issues waking up early to do my LR after marathon. What's going on?

Read that it's cold where most of you are. Take care and don't slip.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I am headed out for a little run with DW and DD. Later we are taking DS back to university in San Diego. I heard it will dip to 72 so I might have to run in short sleeves.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Some run tonight to test the twisted foot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - I missed that story.  What did you do to your foot?

Docket_Rocket

D - I missed that story.  What did you do to your foot?

I stepped over a speedbump funny.  Nothing major but it was bugging me yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good news!!! I can wean of the boot starting Monday! Only work and any time I'm doing a ton of walking. Then if it goes fine next Monday I can be done with it! I can resume exercise slowly, in moderation, using my judgement Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

obiebyke

Kristin, that's fantastic news!!! Hooray!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

That is great news Kristin! DH snowblowed our trail so we can run. No excuses now. The wind has died and it will be up around 15F. I had 2 days off so I better "just do it". The road has too much snow on it and there is no shoulder right now, so its not safe.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good news Kristin.  DR, you're supposed to slow down for speedbumps.  Hi Z, Jack, Bin, Ginny, Obie, Stone and Pengs.

3.5 YaxTrax run in the park for us.  Streets are too slushy and the bike path is impossible.  Nice warm up before the arctic front comes in tomorrow.

Sloooow.

Happy Saturday all Smile

Ginny, enjoy your RD.

Zelanie, good luck to your daughter with the robotics. Good to hear you had a great run last night.

Bin, nice work on the 7. I think most of the US has been enveloped by Arctic weather.

Jack, enjoy your little run. 72 sounds nice right about now.

Docket, hope the foot doesn't prove to be a big issue!

Kristin, I've been following your updates on Facebook. Glad to hear you can start getting some activity in!

Hey Okie!

SF, I can't even comprehend those kinds of low temperatures.

Jerry, have a safe run with DW.

I haven't ran in over a month. Had some complications a while back, and terrible nausea and vomiting. Getting there now though! My plan is to start C25K on Monday. I've been avoiding the forum, I was feeling ridiculously guilting for not running. Missed you all!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had a good race at the distance series 10 miler.  Ended up running a 1:08:29 for 2nd place in my age group.  What's funny is that I was fading after the turnaround (out and back course), so I targeted the guy in front of me and told myself that I would catch him by the end of the race.  Ended up passing him in the last mile, turns out he was in my age group! lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Saturday all Smile

Ginny, enjoy your RD.

Zelanie, good luck to your daughter with the robotics. Good to hear you had a great run last night.

Bin, nice work on the 7. I think most of the US has been enveloped by Arctic weather.

Jack, enjoy your little run. 72 sounds nice right about now.

Docket, hope the foot doesn't prove to be a big issue!

Kristin, I've been following your updates on Facebook. Glad to hear you can start getting some activity in!

Hey Okie!

SF, I can't even comprehend those kinds of low temperatures.

Jerry, have a safe run with DW.

I haven't ran in over a month. Had some complications a while back, and terrible nausea and vomiting. Getting there now though! My plan is to start C25K on Monday. I've been avoiding the forum, I was feeling ridiculously guilting for not running. Missed you all!

I have been wondering where you were!  You're still planning on NOLA?  You could walk it (which is what hubby is doing on his next HM since his shins hurt again).

Damaris

Fundraising Page