Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: The Crossing Near a Golden Rainbow's End (Read 195 times)

notimeforthat

al, good luck house selling.  Moving is hectic but so exciting!

We have lived here for almost 15 years. The kids are getting older and we really do need a 3rd bath for our son to have some privacy from his sisters. I would post the house that we want, but I don't like putting out really personal information online. I like you all, but I don't need you showing up for dinner Wink I can snag a pic of the front though.

Le house

Suffice it to say that this place would give us MORE than enough room for living and for my folks when they visit. Hubby has a big family and we don't typically have them over for dinners because we don't have a ton of living space here. The place has 3 acres with a creek and some established old trees that are just beautiful.

The bonus? A full unfinished basement for our workout dungeon. I currently have 3 bikes in my bedroom with a computrainer, rollers and a treadmill in my family room with a weight bench and bowflex dumb bells. Convenient, but not all that pretty.

StepbyStep-SH

OK, I seriously am in need of either Tom or LRB's coffee. Had 30 minutes between dropping of DS and my volunteering duties, and thought I would stop at the McD's between the school and the field trip location for a cup of coffee and the Wi-Fi. Usually their coffee is OK, but today it isn't even drinkable. $1 down the drain. Or maybe I should consider it a donation for access to the wi-fi? Confused

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

TGIF!

5 miles on my P.O.S. home treadmill last night. It sucks bad, but at least I can watch football on the big screen while I run. Oh and I can run with my shirt off, which they frown upon at the gym... not sure why. LOL

Anyway, Snowflake 5K tomorrow. "Feels like" temp for tomorrow is around 17. Haven't ran a ton lately, so we'll see what happens. It'll be fun either way.

Docket_Rocket

So pretty!  And what?  I thought I was invited for dinner! Angry

Another reason I would like to live in the NE.  Beautiful houses.  Down here, an apartment would cost me $500K, a house close to $700K.  Bah.

We have lived here for almost 15 years. The kids are getting older and we really do need a 3rd bath for our son to have some privacy from his sisters. I would post the house that we want, but I don't like putting out really personal information online. I like you all, but I don't need you showing up for dinner Wink I can snag a pic of the front though.

Le house

Suffice it to say that this place would give us MORE than enough room for living and for my folks when they visit. Hubby has a big family and we don't typically have them over for dinners because we don't have a ton of living space here. The place has 3 acres with a creek and some established old trees that are just beautiful.

The bonus? A full unfinished basement for our workout dungeon. I currently have 3 bikes in my bedroom with a computrainer, rollers and a treadmill in my family room with a weight bench and bowflex dumb bells. Convenient, but not all that pretty.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

So, I called the doctor.  I am going there on Tuesday to get my allergy shot but I need her to see me before I do that.  The pictures I took post run showed the reaction spreading all down my elbows and arms.  I am sure she wants to see it before she either cancels my next shot or decides upon a course of action.  I know they are making my asthma better but sometimes they are just too hard!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

Today's gonna be a good day. My new Sole F85 arrives today (I can't believe I'm excited about getting a treadmill. LOL!), Leaving work a bit early and overnighting it in Roseville for my 10K event tomorrow morning. Have a great day folks. Smile

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Phil: Fantastic work on the 9-10 milers respectively.  Excellent pace on both runs, as usual!  How is MBC doing?  Any progress with the fracture at all?  I haven't seen her pop in lately, but I've been thinking of her!

LOL she's fine.

I lurk.

No change on the SF.  go back to the Dr in 3 weeks.  Currently on day 54 of the bone stimulator.

I joined a tri training group so I'm just trying to focus on swimming and biking for now.  Thanks for thinking of me Smile

runmomto3boys

MBC: Ha!  I'm glad you are doing well!!!  I miss your wit/face around here!  Pop in and let us know how it goes, post-appointment, at the very least.  I'm hoping for good news!

Al: Oh my gosh, that house is absolutely BREATHTAKING!  Wow!

Pinegrove Dad: Woot, woot!  So exciting about the TM score!!  Yay!

Docket: I hope all goes well w/the doc.

Off to do my core/strengthening stuff...

Better I Leave

Off to do my core/strengthening stuff...

Go get'em! Smile

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

2.5 slow miles on the dead cricket trail this morning to test the hips and hamstrings. The upper hamstring soreness I had was better - a few twinges here and there, but nothing major. However, my right hip hurts like a bitch. I rolled it for a minute last night and could tell I aggravated it, so I think I have something going on in there. It's been hurting off and on for months, so I probably need to do something about it - looking into seeing a PT. I don't think it's bad enough to take time completely off until I have it diagnosed and stuff, but I will not be running my planned 10 miler tomorrow and will instead cut it down to 5-6 miles at a very easy pace. I have ten days until I start HM training...

B-Plus

I'm sweating just reading about what Kristin had to wear this morning.

FN - Good luck with the hip.

I ran 3.3 @ 9:21. I'll get out for a real run this afternoon.

I cannot imagine running with so much clothes.  I barely wear shorts and a bra imagine if I move someplace cold.  Sounds like you mighyt have looked like a ninja :-)

My little Chinese guy put on my black balaclava when I got home this morning and I told him he looked like a little ninja, lol!

And Al, that house is beautiful!  I want it!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Chairman

easy 8

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

LRB

What's up with all the broken treadmills this week!

Flip, I rested my hip for 7 weeks and within two weeks of resuming running, the pain returned as if I never took time off.  Your PT will plot your course, but can you probably get right into a hip strengthening routine without waiting.  Had I done that from the onset, I would be completely healed by now.

One other thing, I was never told I could not run on it.  Good luck.

Jess runs for bacon

I keep moving today but my knee still feels funky. I can't pinpoint it. Wondering if I should just skip my run tonight since I'm running Saturday and I don't want to push it. Thoughts?