Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: The Crossing Near a Golden Rainbow's End (Read 195 times)

Docket_Rocket

Whenever my knee feels wonky, I rest it for a couple of days.  I've run with the wonkiness before but it only delays the recovery.  Good luck!

I keep moving today but my knee still feels funky. I can't pinpoint it. Wondering if I should just skip my run tonight since I'm running Saturday and I don't want to push it. Thoughts?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Just got back from an easy 3, after many days off.  Knee feels better, calf pain is back.  Must be doing something right!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

Whenever my knee feels wonky, I rest it for a couple of days.  I've run with the wonkiness before but it only delays the recovery.  Good luck!

Thanks. I think I'm just frustrated because I've completely derailed from my marathon training plan the past three weeks and I want to get moving again, but considering that this pain is from pushing through it, if I run I'm just robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'll just do another workout video tonight instead.

LRB

I've run easy miles through wonky before, sometimes it promotes healing.  Wonky and pain are two different things though, just be mindful.

@runjerseygirl

Got my sushi in.  Even got a fortune cookie, and stopped for a cupcake after.  Whew.  I'm exhausted!  Cool

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

I've run easy miles through wonky before, sometimes it promotes healing.  Wonky and pain are two different things though, just be mindful.

It hurts, not a lot mind you, but I don't think it would get better with running. It's kind of a wince pain whenever I pull my leg up to step, inside the knee.

Shakedown Street

8.7 miles-10k at 9:22, 2.5m at 8:20. Treadmill. Ugh. Hate. Work. Schedule.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

runmomto3boys

Lilac: I'm sorry the knee is bugging you.  Boo....

Scrape: Nice recovery miles!

JJS: I'm glad you got back on the horse, but I'm bummed to hear about the calf pain.

Jneilt: Way to knock out those big miles on the TM.

Flippy: I'm so bummed you are battling the hip garbage, although I admit I snickered at the limestone trail description - "dead cricket trail."  Ha!

B-Plus: Nice first part of your double.  You run like Greg/Hipfan does - taking miles wherever he can get 'em.  I love that!

Core/strengthening done + extra hip exercises for good measure.  I just talked to my PT and my inserts are in (used to correct my alignment issue and hopefully ward off any future IT band garbage).

Luke79

3.2 miles @ 8:35.  I just got my new Asics delivered today and so I had to take them for a test drive.  Very nice feeling, and NO foot pain.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I went to the gym at lunch to escape the delicious goodies in the kitchen. 20 minutes on the arc trainer and Myrtl + pushups. I am happy. Now I just need to continue to avoid the treats for the rest of the day.

One thing I need to remember is that I won't lose weight by just THINKING about eating better.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5 miles, interval run. 8:55 overall pace with 2x1 mile at 8:37 and 8:27 respectively. 8:30 was my goal pace for those. Should have shot for a little more speed on the intervals, but I did race 4 days ago so I didn't want to break any parts. Smile

Next up, a longish run on Sunday, easy pace with about 2-3 miles at 15K pace, 8:45. We'll see how that goes.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

5 miles, interval run. 8:55 overall pace with 2x1 mile at 8:37 and 8:27 respectively. 8:30 was my goal pace for those. Should have shot for a little more speed on the intervals, but I did race 4 days ago so I didn't want to break any parts. Smile

Next up, a longish run on Sunday, easy pace with about 2-3 miles at 15K pace, 8:45. We'll see how that goes.

That is a FANTASTIC run, Tom!  Nicely done!

Luke: Nice running!  I'm glad those Asics seem to be working out for you.

April: You did good today, though!  Well done!

B-Plus

Lilac - That is so frustrating when you can't get your workouts in, but you'll regain your fitness quickly once you're able to steadily get back at it.

jjs- Congrats on getting back out there

Tom - Nice intervals. Usually my problem is going out too fast and running out of gas before the last one.

RMTB - I'm not familiar with Hipfan's training, but I know he's faaaast so hopefully I can put up some similar times. Some might wonder why I even bother with the chincy double. I feel it helps me to be loosened up for my afternoon run. I just consider as part of my waking up routine.

Ball of Fury

Happy Friday all!  After resting my ITB for 2 days,  I really needed to run today, but DH and I have now come down with a cold (this craziness is not helping my taper madness!) so I opted for the TM rather than run in the cold/wind.  Did 2 mile warm-up (10 min/mile), 3 miles at GMP (9:05) and a mile cool down for a total of 6.  It was a nice run with zero aches/pains.  It was a bit harder to breathe than normal because of the congestion but otherwise a good run.  Off to drink some Emergen-C!  Have a great weekend everyone!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

notimeforthat

4.5 miles run while trying to ensure the kids didn't maim one another. Strides in there with some wogging for recovery.