Beginners and Beyond

Tempt the Thursdailies (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners. We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Headed to the airport. May run once I get to Michigan.

Marjorie

LRB

Supp MA!

The rain should be done when you get here, but currently it is raining like a mofo.  I am waiting on a break in the clouds here before deciding on heading to the belt.

Need more coffee....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB Hope so to the rain. Once I get in I will head over to a running area and run if it isn't pouring. Can't check in that early to the hotel so might as well do something.  I need to go to the grocery store but that won't take long and get a serving plate for the grooms cake.

Marjorie

Morning & welcome to the Michigan thread!

We got most of our rain overnight & should be clearing up later.

Went out & got my first 2-mile recovery jog last night, plan another one this evening.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Me thinks I will run the West Bloomfield trail. It looks pretty and since paved I won't be in mud.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning & welcome to the Michigan thread!

We got most of our rain overnight & should be clearing up later.

Went out & got my first 2-mile recovery jog last night, plan another one this evening.

Have a great day everyone!

Haha. Yes the Michigan thread!  Where is everyone else?

Marjorie

I should add: after my first marathon I had to take a full week off. So running on the 3rd day, that's progress.

LRB - who/what's pissin' you off today? I assume the avi caption & sig line are directed at someone/something? I will just stay over here on the West side & keep out of your way....

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to work for a few hours then I am officially on vacation.  SRD!

Woke up with another fucking headache so I'm not in at my happiest, especially since Hershey won't stop meowing for love.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone!

Marjorie, thanks for starting today's thread. Have a safe trip.

Rick, enjoy your run, wherever you do it.

DaveP MI, have another excellent recovery run.

Ouchies, Damaris. Feel well soon.

6.50 miles in 1:00:07. 9:15 pace. I felt wonderful the entire time. I didn't want to stop.

Will run for scenery.

LRB Hope so to the rain. Once I get in I will head over to a running area and run if it isn't pouring. Can't check in that early to the hotel so might as well do something.  I need to go to the grocery store but that won't take long and get a serving plate for the grooms cake.

Mmmmm...... Cake.........

Saw the chiro yesterday and he said I'd be good to run today.  I think I'll stick to the TM just to be safe.  And near the weights.

Friggin' state is on fire again.  Angry

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Zelanie, good news from the PT.

jj, stay safe.

Basya, morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Eastern Pennsylvania - represent!

4 miles at lunch for me today. Will probably be on the treadmill (first time since like, March) due to crazy ass thunderstorms we're having all day today. I actually woke up to thunder, and thunderstorms in the morning here are very unusual. So that's exciting.

Hope everyone has a great day!

LRB

Supp!

7 easy w/ 6 strides in a light but steady drizzle.  I really wasn't feeling strides today but went ahead and got them in.  Tomorrow will be strictly easy before Saturday's "R" pace speed work session.

Docket_Rocket

April, I wish I could say the same (from PA).  Maybe now that hubby is pissed at the weather being a runner will mean we can move?

LRB, can you switch your avi for a kitty or something prettier?  Leave the KMFA, I like that, though.  But you look scary. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page