Beginners and Beyond

I'm not saying I have a problem (Read 129 times)

Mmmmm...beer

But I might have a problem.  

What are ya gonna do when you find a shoe that you love, and they're on liquidation, and you have enough credit from returned shoes to buy four pairs...you buy four pairs!  Just one catch, they only have one color left in your size, no problem, buy four pairs of the same color!  This is in addition to the pair I already have....that is the same color!  So I now have five pairs of the same exact shoe!  Oddly enough, I'm ok with that.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Birdwell

good luck keeping track of the pairs!

"Does that left go with this right, or that right? Why do I have a pair of nothing but lefts?"

Mmmmm...beer

good luck keeping track of the pairs!

"Does that left go with this right, or that right? Why do I have a pair of nothing but lefts?"

Yeah, gonna have to come up with a system, either mark the tongues or maybe different laces.  I'm only going to rotate two pairs at a time tho, so that will help. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Docket_Rocket

First of all, I don't see a problem.

I would mark them with a dot, line, etc. with a permanent marker.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I've marked mine with a number with magic marker on back of heel - like bowling shoes. Not sure how much light colored space you have back there. I did have to remark them about half way through their life as the marker wore off.

My original shoes that worked for me only came in one color, and I had 8 pairs. I've had a couple other models with more than one pair and only one color. My Xodus 3.0 are the first that I've ever had in multiple colors, but I've got 2 of one color (one's reserved for races and is stored separate), 3 of another, and 1 of another. Gotta get my marker out since I just opened #2 of 3.

Most of my other shoes didn't work, so I only had one pair. The fact that you can get multiple pairs of something you like is something you should be grateful for. Smile

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I don't see a problem.

Zelanie

But you could have gotten 5 pairs and only paid like $10 each!

Just B.S.

Two summers ago I had 4 identical Cumulus. Kept track of them with different color ribbons

On the shoelaces. You could try that Smile

Little Blue

Nope, no problem.  Nothing to see here.

LRB

Ah yes, prudence at its finest.  When you find a shoe that works for you, buy as many pair at clearance prices as the bank account will allow!

But do not stop at shoes, this applies to shorts, tops, pants, jackets and anything else running related.  I scored last years model running jacket for nearly a third off its ridiculously high fall price.

Late winter/early spring is the time to save on my running friends, save on.

Mmmmm...beer

So it seems the best way to deal with addiction is to surround yourself with other addicts, then we can all just agree that we don't have a problem. lol 

Zel, they weren't quite that cheap, but at $50/pair, they're some of the cheapest shoes I've bought.  Now the Kinvaras need to go on liquidation again. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Now thats a problem I would like to have.

FWIW I have 4 pairs of same color same size and I have a piece of duct tape on the back of the older ones marked "A", "B", "C".  The freshest pair get no tape. (eventually they will become "D")

tracilynn

So it seems the best way to deal with addiction is to surround yourself with other addicts, then we can all just agree that we don't have a problem. lol 

LOL. This made me laugh because.... Well Yeah.

my suggestion for telling them apart is to add different color laces in pretty unicorn colors. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

onemile

This is nothing. I have 7 brand new pairs of Adrenalines in my closet. 

(but actually now I'm wondering if that was a good idea)

Zelanie

Zel, they weren't quite that cheap, but at $50/pair, they're some of the cheapest shoes I've bought.  Now the Kinvaras need to go on liquidation again. Smile

What I'm saying is that if you got 4 pairs for $0, then 5 pairs for $50 is still like $10 a pair. Smile