Beginners and Beyond

This was neat: Super close splits (Read 70 times)

Love the Half

The Garmin allows you to go back and look at data and one of the things I like to see are splits that are relatively close regardless of the pace.  I'm usually fairly good with it but this has to be the closest I've ever put two miles together.  Mind you, it was dark and I never looked at the Garmin at all during the run.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Yes, cool thing! Strangely enough (coming from me) I've had this happen as well in a few races. Two consecutive 7:47 miles in the middle of the Boston marathon and two 8:08 miles near the end. I don't know if they were as close as yours, though.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Love the Half

I've had plenty of splits within a second of each other and even ran 3 miles in a row in my first marathon within a second but I've never run two miles within 3/100 of a second.  I'm not sure if I've even been within 1/10 before.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Of course you do know that the Garmin is akin to utter rubbish, right? (ignore that thing on my avatar's wrist) 

Oh and Glucosamine in conjunction with either Chondroitin or MSM will cure all that ails you, right?

Banana dance in 3, 2, 1........

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Nice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I had that happen one time. I thought it was pretty cool, but I'm weird that way.