Beginners and Beyond

A Response From RW (Read 926 times)

LRB

"First, we apologize for the issues regarding the forums and The Loop. We understand how frustrating it is when things don’t work – especially after a new version is installed. We’re just as frustrated. We are in contact with our vendor, Pluck, several times a day in an effort to resolve issues.  

The latest big issue is regarding spam. Pluck is planning to deploy a set of changes as soon as possible (we’re hoping for today) that should significantly reduce the amount of spam you’re seeing in the forums.

Another issue is performance – how quickly you’re able to access the forums. We’re working with Pluck to identify the cause of the performance issues.

Other improvements and fixes are on the way, and will be rolled out after we address the higher-priority issues.

We do understand your frustration – we are reading your comments and are working as best we can to resolve the issues."

Posted by RW Editorial

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Yay! I know some of y'all are like f--- RW, but to be honest this just does not feel like home to me.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Docket_Rocket

I can get used to the new format.  My main issue is the spam.  They better fix it soon or there won't be any forumites that want to come back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

I hope they really can get the spam and speed fixed. Soon.

I might still hang out here, too. Right now, I feel a little like a lost puppy who doesn't know which way is home.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

sugnim

"Wolf, wolf, wolf!"--boy.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Significantly reduce the spam.  Reducing from 1 million to 100,000 is a significant reduction but it still will be too much.

Their higher priority issues is the paycheck for their employees, not us their loyal groupies.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

It seems like we've heard this song and dance before.

Nevrgivup

I hope they really can get the spam and speed fixed. Soon.

I might still hang out here, too. Right now, I feel a little like a lost puppy who doesn't know which way is home.

The only comfort is this little sub forum and all our friends in it. I haven't ventured out to the open forums yet. No need at this time since I'm not running. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

What a canned bunch of bullshit.

I like it here. 

Running is dumb.

Luke79

The longer I stay here, the more comfortable I will get.  I never got really used to the new format anyway, so it makes the transition even easier.

Jess runs for bacon

I like it here better now...

delicate flower

"BLAH BLAH BLAH."  I've been a forum admin for years now.  Granted I don't have a lot of technical knowledge and act more like a forum custodian, but I've been involved in the upgrades and administration of the forums.  Cleaning up spam should not be this difficult.  I am left to believe two things:  1) RWOL purchased a god awful system from a vendor they knew had a terrible product (this blows my mind), and 2) RW's IT people suck.   

<3

Nevrgivup

What a canned bunch of bullshit.

I like it here. 

Cool Hi Mandy. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

I don't understand what's so hard about fixing the RW forums.  Every. other. company. that has forums has them available free and functioning.

In this day and age of social media your web presence is only as successful as your forums.  You can have all the great articles and tools online that you'd like, but if your readers can't talk about it and connect with one another, they'll leave.

Sheesh, what is this?  1998?

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

SheCan

Pluck is planning to deploy a set of changes as soon as possible (we’re hoping for today) that should significantly reduce the amount of spam you’re seeing in the forums.

Seems like way too little, way too late.  Shouldn't have already done something about it?   Although they do get advertising money with us being there, they obviously didn't make this a priority.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson