Beginners and Beyond

A Response From RW (Read 926 times)

Docket_Rocket

Maybe they should ask eric here how he does it.  Seems to work everywhere else but there.

And the more that remain here, the more you'll assure my return daily.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

not lazy, just tired

I like it here. I like the log. I like that there's an admin that cares and that you can actually communicate with. Although I'm not really used to it yet, I like how it's set up with the main forums and all the groups. I like that threads load quickly and I don't have to watch that stupid processing bar. I like that the format doesn't hurt my old eyes. I like that the avatars aren't itty bitty. I like no spam.

Granted, I don't post as often as most of you, and so wasn't as invested in RWOL, but I like it here.

Not if it makes sense.

runfoolery

I haven't seen any new spam threads for a while in the RWBF. So it looks like they finally did something to stop new threads from appearing

Snooze.  Kind of done with RW.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Hip Redux

"First, we apologize for the issues regarding the forums and The Loop. We understand how frustrating it is when things don’t work – especially after a new version is installed. We’re just as frustrated. We are in contact with our vendor, Pluck, several times a day in an effort to resolve issues.  

The latest big issue is regarding spam. Pluck is planning to deploy a set of changes as soon as possible (we’re hoping for today) that should significantly reduce the amount of spam you’re seeing in the forums.

Another issue is performance – how quickly you’re able to access the forums. We’re working with Pluck to identify the cause of the performance issues.

Other improvements and fixes are on the way, and will be rolled out after we address the higher-priority issues.

We do understand your frustration – we are reading your comments and are working as best we can to resolve the issues."

Posted by RW Editorial

And "we're hoping for today" is code for "we have no friggin idea".  Same thing they said when the World's Slowest Upgrade That Was Really a Downgrade started.  It'll be up... SOON!    

Mmmmm...beer

I'm staying here.  The log rocks, great support, forum is fast, no spam and no empty promises.  I'll get plenty of RW in the magazine (wife got me a two year subscription).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

The layout here is puts Pluck to shame.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Supersono99

I like it here. I like the log. I like that there's an admin that cares and that you can actually communicate with. Although I'm not really used to it yet, I like how it's set up with the main forums and all the groups. I like that threads load quickly and I don't have to watch that stupid processing bar. I like that the format doesn't hurt my old eyes. I like that the avatars aren't itty bitty. I like no spam.

Granted, I don't post as often as most of you, and so wasn't as invested in RWOL, but I like it here.

This. And isn't the BF, in and of itself, a clique. And  L&O is a clique and trail forum is a clique and women's forum is a clique. People break ff with others that have similar interests. It's natural. Aren't the user groups here sort of cliques of like interests?

Chairman

What a canned bunch of bullshit.

I like it here. 

+1

I like this place. 

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

aponi

never runs the tangents

I'm still feeling my way around here. I ventured out into the big RA world and they seem a bit tense and concerned about the invasion. I get that so I may hide out a bit and sniff things out. I think the BF went through that when the good ole L&O was killed off.

But yea I think mostly I'm done with the other place. Bit high handed really, killing off popular forums, banning posters seemingly at random, upgrades that are just awful, and then there's the spam.

psst - I think you can swear here

don't tell mom

Is there a spell check? I don't want people to find out how stupid I am.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

aponi, I rely on the spell check that is built into the browser (Firefox).  Don't know if there are other alternatives.

All RWOLers (formerly, at least), forgive me for poking my head into your space, but I just want to say that in spite of the rocky beginning, I like having y'all here.  You're bringing a lot of freshness.  The veterans here do sometimes administer tough love, but they do it to their own as well. Venture out when you feel more comfortable, or go back to RW if they get things fixed and you like it better.  See ya around!

LRB

All RWOLers (formerly, at least), forgive me for poking my head into your space...

Poke anytime you like.  We are not asking for respect.  We will earn it by virtue of being some fly mutha fuckas.

A Man On The Run!

Poke anytime you like.  We are not asking for respect.  We will earn it by virtue of being some fly mutha fuckas.

+1

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I hate to point the obvious but when some of you make it seem you are only here temporarily some people may treat you with disdain. RA is not the second hand store. It has some really cool stuff. We can learn from them, they can learn from us. I like it here. I joined as I intend to stay around. Not just a temp solution. I want learn new stuff and meet new people. The world didn't end. Life moves on. Change is hard but often necessary.

Marjorie

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I'm still getting a little used to this too.  It's a little "fish outta water" feeling but the format is easy in the eyes.  The new pluck was driving me nuts.  The format was horrible, tiny avatars, etc.

I wish we didn't have to drill down thru RA>USER GROUPS>BF AND BEYOND>FORUMS just to get here.

I feel like we're relegated to some corner of the prison yard to play.  Not a big deal, wecan bookmark, but over at RW, we had the middle of the yard and were all able to naturally assimilate newbies and veterans alike. 

Randy