Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Who Didn't See This Coming? (Read 79 times)

StepbyStep-SH

OOTB - 4 miles at 8k pace is a serious workout! And those pancakes sound good. Congrats on the weight loss.

I called it good enough at 5.5 miles. My calves cramped a lot the first couple of miles. I'm not sure if it was due to part of that being on a thin layer of snow/sand (like running on the beach) or ??? 10:20 average pace was all I could muster. This is a cutback week, anyway, so no need to extend the miles more on slippery footing.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hate running on the road, but I have no choice at 8-9 at night on Wednesdays. Hopefully that will change in about 2-3 weeks.

That's the spirit :-(

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

...So far, it's paying off.   Initially, I thought I just wanted to lose the 5 pounds, but now I'm just going to carry-on and see where my weight levels off at.  I'm still 10 lbs heavier than I was when I was 20, so I suspect there's some more there I can lose.

I guess I'm officially a running-nut, because all I can think about is whether the lost weight will translate into faster race times.

Ain't it the truth!

I have been "dieting" since December and am well past my original goal, but started thinking about my 5k time and said what the hell, I'll just keep going!

Congrats on your weight loss gains (see what I did there) so far!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Kick back, April, take your camera to your race, like I do for my events, take photos along the way, and do this one for fun.  Yo u might enjoy it!

Good luck with the 15 shirfan!  Hey, aren't you a bit too young to remember that song?  Joking

Happy rest day, Z!  How's it feel to be 21 now? Big grin

Phil, maybe your knee was not ready to go back to work and is protesting.  Hope you are 100% again in no time.

Nice on the run, LRB.

Marjorie, you are becoming quite the double digit runner!  Way to go.

Kay, didn't that do tell you no lifting for a week?  Behave yourself!

Gee, FreeSoul, you have a risk of getting hit by a car?  That must be some course you run!  Stay safe!

Congrats on your weight loss, outoftheblue!

Congrats on your miles, Step, but sorry about the calf cramping.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am so excited Daily friends..... I just registered for the NY Giants Run of Champions race in June..... it will be in the stadium and the finish line is the endzone! For thosewho may not know my dad and I are HUGE Giants fans! My dad registered too....it will be his first race ever!!! It is a 5K. Psyched!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can feel my heart rate increase 10 fold every time I hear a semi-truck coming up behind me, and even though the speed limit is 30  on most of the roads, many people are hitting 40-45 on there. So far, I'm still alive.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Squeezed 6.3 miles into my lunch break, not as many miles as I wanted, but I wanted to get at least some in before it gets really nasty later.  It was already 20-25mph winds and spitting rain, fun stuff. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I can feel my heart rate increase 10 fold every time I hear a semi-truck coming up behind me, and even though the speed limit is 30  on most of the roads, many people are hitting 40-45 on there. So far, I'm still alive.

I wouldn't run with my back to traffic on the road for all the ruby slippers in Oz!  I know there are people who do, and even more who have to, but those would be treadmill days for me.  End of story.

pae

I have a ~9 mile hill workout later today.  It's supposed to be in the upper 50s later today, so unlike my last couple of hill workouts, I won't be running in snow and ice today.  :-)

flarunner

And this is why I get up at 3:00 in the morning to run. The only vehicles out are the newspaper guys.

Baboon, what you have sound like the flu, sorry to hear it. Not fun.

Kay, sounds like that dead crackhead toe can really pump some iron. Keep it quiet, everyone's going to want to get one.

Did 4 miles on the treadmill at lunchtime, my first run in about a week since I've been sick. Didn't feel too bad, but thinking I shouldn't push it & need to ease back into the mileage. I am just pretty depressed, since the 4/13 marathon that was questionable whether I was going to be ready for anyway is probably totally out the window now.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am so excited Daily friends..... I just registered for the NY Giants Run of Champions race in June..... it will be in the stadium and the finish line is the endzone! For thosewho may not know my dad and I are HUGE Giants fans! My dad registered too....it will be his first race ever!!! It is a 5K. Psyched!

What's a "NY Giant"?

Wink

Sounds like a very cool race, getting to run into the stadium is always fun!  Got to do that at the Aloha Bowl stadium in Hawaii, very cool seeing yourself on the jumbotron.  When is the race? Good luck to you and your Dad!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty you just blinded me with that picture!!! Race is June 23rd

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

And this is why I get up at 3:00 in the morning to run. The only vehicles out are the newspaper guys.

I wish I could get out at 3 in the morning, I've been out running around 1 a.m but never as late or early as 3 a.m. I wish my area had sidewalks, but nope they don't. If my husband didn't mind, I might drive the 15 minutes to the riverfront green way and run there, there isn't any cars but I am not too fond of it at night.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

In my area, the only ones out at 3-6am are the drunks back from South Beach or criminals.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page