Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Who Didn't See This Coming? (Read 79 times)

Docket_Rocket

baboon, I commented in FB but here too.  Hope you feel better!

I think you did!

I think I did some hills today.  :-p

hillprofile

Was supposed to do 8 miles, but ended up doing just under 10.  This is the last scheduled hill workout of my training cycle.  I've actually come to enjoy running the hills, and I can tell my leg strength has improved over the past 8 weeks of doing these.  I managed to average just at 10:00 per mile, which is what I'm supposed to be doing on my easy runs (but I have a problem slowing it down).  Maybe I should just put more hills into my easy runs.  :-p

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Whoa pae... holy hills, Batman!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

15.22 easy miles, 8:18 pace with sunglasses in effect.

Chopped a bunch of ice out of the driveway, played 9 holes of disc golf, DW treated me to dinner, got a fire going in the woodburner, Survivor, bed.  Life is good once in a while.

I could almost just say ditto ... except mine was an even 15 @ 8:22 with sunglasses. Cleared ice from the driveway and DW made dinner as well Wink

Wonder how our third virtual RP's (happylily) run went & if she got to wear sunglasses and have dinner served.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Pae, that's awesome :-)   I'd be dead tired after doing hills like that.  I know I NEED to do hill training, in order to get more well rounded, but I have been avoiding hills like the plague.  And it is very hard to find a hill where I live, so that doesn't help...

At least I got my 10 miles in today.  Garbage cans and trash + recycle bins blowing down the street with gusts over 45mph, so I opted for the dreadmill at the gym.  Got it done though. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞