Beginners and Beyond

How you doin' Fridailies! (Read 39 times)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning gang! I ran 11 miles last night. I have 8 scheduled for tonight. If everything works out, I will end up with 46 miles for the week. I am on my way back to 50! I think the dogs want to go outside. They keep pacing around. Schnauzers are crazy smart dogs. Here is the male at the pier down the road from our house.

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  I heard an inspiring yarn on the radio this morning about a gentleman who had good day.  So good, in fact, that he didn't even have to use his AK.  Really put me in a good mood during that morning drive.  Anywho...

8 easy miles at 8:05 pace last night.  I decided not to look at my watch every five seconds like I normally do and just run easy.  I was pleasantly surprised at the pace, and my heart rate was in zone 2 (out of 5).  Good stuff.

I got up early this morning and ran 6 more easy miles at 8:05 pace on the gym treadmill, thus giving my legs a full 24 hours of rest before tomorrow's HM. 

Cute schnauzer, Schnauzer!

Have a great Friday!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Five nice and chilly miles in for me, I am getting used to liking shorts in temps below 55........ thank goodness. Now for coffee and lots of it.

SUSchnauzer, I like what you did with the sun burst behind his head Smile very creative.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. 10.6. Chose flat area since two back to back hill work outs were enough.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Doubles day.  5 miles done; more tomorrow.  I saw the kids that were waiting for the bus again today, but today they behaved.  Must have scared them the first time, ha.

Hubby and I never got to run last night.  I asked him whether his shin hurt, he said not much.  He asked what were the temps.  100F and 77DP.  All of a sudden, his pain increase.  Lazy ass.

Cute dog, SUS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday, Sep 27!  Holidays for today are:

Corned Beef Day (something I actually like!)

Crush A Can Day

Native American Day (celebrated the 4th Friday of September each year)

Hug A Vegetarian Day (Oh, Damaris.....come here please! Big grin)

World Tourism Day

Ancestor Appreciation Day

corned beef cartoons, corned beef cartoon, corned beef picture, corned beef pictures, corned beef image, corned beef images, corned beef illustration, corned beef illustrations

corned beef cartoons, corned beef cartoon, corned beef picture, corned beef pictures, corned beef image, corned beef images, corned beef illustration, corned beef illustrations

KEYWORD1  1995-03-17  saint patrick's day  st. patrick's day  saint patricks day  st. patr

KEYWORD1  2010-10-25  vegan  vegans  vegetarian  vegetarians  witch  witches  eye  eyes

vegan cartoons, vegan cartoon, vegan picture, vegan pictures, vegan image, vegan images, vegan illustration, vegan illustrations

vegetarian cartoons, vegetarian cartoon, vegetarian picture, vegetarian pictures, vegetarian image, vegetarian images, vegetarian illustration, vegetarian illustrations

tourism cartoons, tourism cartoon, tourism picture, tourism pictures, tourism image, tourism images, tourism illustration, tourism illustrations

KEYWORD1  1995-06-27  fish  ocean  oceans  sea  seas  water  shark  sharks

KEYWORD1  1988-01-06  stonehenge  landmark  landmarks  chess  checkmate  game  games  mystery

KEYWORD1  2009-09-10  bed & breakfast  chair & chipmunk  bed and breakfast  chair and chipmu

KEYWORD1  2008-09-03  tour  tours  tour guide  tour guides  please step forward  step forward  vat

ancestor cartoons, ancestor cartoon, ancestor picture, ancestor pictures, ancestor image, ancestor images, ancestor illustration, ancestor illustrations

ancestor cartoons, ancestor cartoon, ancestor picture, ancestor pictures, ancestor image, ancestor images, ancestor illustration, ancestor illustrations

KEYWORD1  2007-12-19  parody  pinocchio  disney  mayflower  ancestor  ancestors  genealogy  genealog

KEYWORD1  2010-10-11  columbus  columbus day  october  christopher columbus  faye  family  parent  p

KEYWORD1  2008-04-17  smoke  smoke signal  smoke signals  native american  native americans  cowboy

KEYWORD1  1996-10-14  bear  bears  animal  animals  mammal  mammals  take out  takeout

native american cartoons, native american cartoon, native american picture, native american pictures, native american image, native american images, native american illustration, native american illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non running day for me.  Will go after work to pick up my packet for my 52nd race of the year on Saturday - SNIPSA (Spay-Neuter-Inject-Protect San Antonio) Race for the Rescues.  5K Run With Dog, 5K Run Without Dog, 1K walk for the kiddies, dog-and-cat adoption fair, etc.

Congrats on all your miles, SUS!  You've come back strongly.  Nice photo of your 4-legged friend!

Best of luck to you, Baboon, in your half tomorrow!

Temps below 55....SHHH, don't let Damaris hear that, FreeSoul!  Wink

Probably a smart move, Marjorie, choosing flat today.  Congrats on your miles.

Give your hubby a swift kick, Damaris, and then tell him 'OK, NOW your shin hurts."  Joking  Crazy temps you have down there..it's the never-ending summer for you!  Hope you get a break from all that soon!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Five nice and chilly miles in for me, I am getting used to liking shorts in temps below 55........ thank goodness. Now for coffee and lots of it.

SUSchnauzer, I like what you did with the sun burst behind his head Smile very creative.

Funny! That is our beautiful sunset over Lake Ontario. I can see that image on most nights if I choose. We live near a park by the Lake. It is very scenic. We are spoiled.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Non running day for me.  Will go after work to pick up my packet for my 52nd race of the year on Saturday - SNIPSA (Spay-Neuter-Inject-Protect San Antonio) Race for the Rescues.  5K Run With Dog, 5K Run Without Dog, 1K walk for the kiddies, dog-and-cat adoption fair, etc.

Congrats on all your miles, SUS!  You've come back strongly.  Nice photo of your 4-legged friend!

Best of luck to you, Baboon, in your half tomorrow!

Temps below 55....SHHH, don't let Damaris hear that, FreeSoul!  Wink

Probably a smart move, Marjorie, choosing flat today.  Congrats on your miles.

Give your hubby a swift kick, Damaris, and then tell him 'OK, NOW your shin hurts."  Joking  Crazy temps you have down there..it's the never-ending summer for you!  Hope you get a break from all that soon!

Good luck on your race Scotty! Can't wait to see the pics!

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, you are going to have to hug someone else because I am no longer a vegetarian!  Have fun at that race; sounds like it's for a great cause.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day today to get ready for my first 10 miler in several months on Saturday.

Good luck in your race Scotty the racing machine!

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

Scotty, we expect lots of dog pics!

<3

LRB

Supp!

I got nothing.  Maybe a massage later, definitely my nephews high school football game.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, you are going to have to hug someone else because I am no longer a vegetarian!  Have fun at that race; sounds like it's for a great cause.

Well, how about if I hug you while you're eating a carrot... Wink