Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Are Giving TuesDAILY (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well I was going to go to the health club after work, but I got a pneumonia shot yesterday and I can barely move my arm.  Maybe I'll just do the leg machines.  Shouldn't get in the way of the running streak though.

Anyone donating today?

PADRunner

Morning Jerry 3.2 done this morning group wo tonight.

Up-n-atom this morning. Just so blasted hard to get out of bed sometimes. Cut it too close and only got in 3 miles this morning. Still...yay me!

Have a great Tuesday 'guins!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A short recovery run and heavy weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Morning penguins!

jerry, ouch @the sore arm.

Pad, enjoy your group wo later

Kath, GOOD job getting it done. Now you can relax all day :-)

damaris, when's your next marathon?

Waiting on the termite inspection guy. Hope to do intervals tonight at the gym treadmill.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Next week.  Unless we cannot drive to Central Florida, in which case it will be in January.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Central Florida, did you say?  Like, Orlando? Smile

Traci- When I started taking iron, my ferritin was about where yours is.  I take a double dose to keep myself in the normal range.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, I got my lab work back already (love technology!) and I am fine on all counts.  Cholesterol, blood sugar, ferritin level were all great, even though I have lousy veins and they always end up drawing blood from my hand.  Woo-hoo!  And yeah, my arm's a bit sore from the tetanus/whooping cough booster, but nothing I can't live with.  I'll be glad to get home for a good night's sleep tonight, though!  Then it's quartet rehearsal tomorrow, a chorus gig on Thursday, Friday off, then gigs with either the chorus or quartet Saturday through next Wednesday.  Tis the season!!

Jerryb -- I've never gotten a pneumonia shot -- too young, I guess.  Though I did have pneumonia about 13 years ago ... mostly stress-induced.

PAD -- enjoy the group wo!!

Kathleen -- Yeah, I could've slept in another couple of hours!!

Docket -- have a good recovery run and weights!!

traci -- hope there are no termites!!

Zelanie -- good morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Jerry: Pneumonia shot? I didn't even know there was such a thing.

URD for me. The damn rain is coming so the house is all sand bagged again. The news crews are already buzzing around the neighborhood and the helicopters are hovering. Our neighborhood is on voluntary evacuation as of now so there is nothing to do but wait. I hope it's nothing more than a bunch of media hype. If we make the news I will try to get a link. If the house fills with mud then it will have to wait. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Central Florida, did you say?  Like, Orlando? Smile

Traci- When I started taking iron, my ferritin was about where yours is.  I take a double dose to keep myself in the normal range.

But West Florida.  2 hours from where you'll be, though.  But if you rent a car, you could be running a marathon or HM in Cape Coral....

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Pneumonia shots are for us old farts, Jack.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - sorry about the sore arm.  Hope it feels better when you run.  DH's doctor always asks, "Do you want a flu/pneumonia shot?"  Jim always says no, and that's the end of it.  Since he hasn't had the flu in the past 22 plus years, at least, the doctor doesn't argue, despite his age.

PAD - good job on the double today.  Have fun with your group workout.

Kathleen - hurray for getting up when you really didn't want to and getting it done.

D - good luck with the recovery run later.

Traci - I hope you have no termites.  Have fun on the TM later.

Z - when do you leave for Florida?

HopesMom - sounds like a really busy time for you, but lots of fun.  Good thing you got a clean bill of health.

Jack - I hope the mud doesn't slide on you.  Scary to be waiting and wondering and not a lot you can do to stop it.

AFM:  rain and sleet outside right now.  I want to do six or so later, but don't know whether it will be indoors or out.  This is one of those nasty weeks where it's cold and wet with a chance of precipitation almost every day, but it's not cold enough to be snow, just ice and sleet.  Yech!

Zelanie

Rats. I am there this week. I leave tomorrow and come back on Sat.

Docket_Rocket

Rats. I am there this week. I leave tomorrow and come back on Sat.

Boo.

Damaris

Fundraising Page