Beginners and Beyond

Where do you store your running shoes? (Read 83 times)

LRB

Mine sit on the boxes they came with behind my bar on shelves.

I am not totally sure how that happened in the first place but before you flame me consider this; I do drink a lot and I do run a lot. 

Bonus points: my Keurig is there as well. 

outoftheblue

You need an all of the above.

Wet shoes = garage

Unworn, new shoes = box

Newer shoes = rack

Older shoes =  closet floor

Me on a lazy day = where ever they land

Life is good.

Little Blue

All of my shoes, running or not, stay where they land.  Currently on the floor by my side of the couch are my work boots, my Crocs, and a pair of sandals.  There was a pair of expired running shoes there, too, but they're now on my feet.  Tomorrow is Saturday, I'll make an effort to corral them.

Docket_Rocket

Is there and ALL OF THE ABOVE option?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My current ones being used are on the stairs by the door. Ones not using are in their boxes in the closet.

Marjorie

happylily

I voted in the garage. Where else would they be? One shoe is in a dust pan (I must have thrown it there after a run. I think the other shoe fell in the giant box of Kraft mac and cheese from Costco). One pair is by the TM (the one I used today). One pair is in a box, mixed with some winter boots. One pair is on a tree thingy which my SO desperately wants me to use but I refuse because I'm a free spirit, and so are my shoes, and we will land wherever we feel like on any given day. I have other pairs hiding in dark places in the garage. When I stumble on one by accident, I get all excited. It's like I just received brand new shoes!

I also have retired running shoes in the house main closet. They rarely see the light of day and they will be donated next December when I'm in Mexico.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Wife and I have a shoe rack in our bedroom closet.  It's a bunch of little cubbies.  I keep my in-rotation running shoes and dress shoes in and on it.  Various pairs of beater shoes are scattered in other places throughout the house, mostly out of sight.

<3

The bottom shelves of a Metro rack.

Wife and I have a shoe rack in our bedroom closet.  It's a bunch of little cubbies.  I keep my in-rotation running shoes and dress shoes in and on it.  

Same here. And I only keep 2 pair in rotation.

Dave

LRB

Is there and ALL OF THE ABOVE option?

Why are you yelling at me?  

Polls never get it 100% right, you know that.  

happylily

Why do I get the feeling that I'm the most disorganized, uninformed, unread, undisciplined and uncaring runner around here? I must be the biggest slob on this forum. It hurts my self-esteem a little.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Why do I get the feeling that I'm the most disorganized, uninformed, unread, undisciplined and uncaring runner around here? 

I don't know but you crack me up!

onemile

Why do I get the feeling that I'm the most disorganized, uninformed, unread, undisciplined and uncaring runner around here? I must be the biggest slob on this forum. It hurts my self-esteem a little.

I am sure I have left running shoes in every room in the house. Including the bathroom.  

StepbyStep-SH

Other: While there is usually one pair by the door, most are in a pile in front of/under the desk in my home office. Other shoes go in my bedroom closet, but running shoes are all in the office.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MothAudio

Everywhere!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile