Beginners and Beyond

B&B User Group (Read 533 times)

flarunner

It’s a brand new home in a brand new neighborhood (thanks LittleBlue for that analogy!) with a brand new name. So maybe it’s ‘bout time to start calling this by its new name: Beginners and Beyond, aka: B&B.

I’ve been a long time lurker (many years) on both RA and RW, and a few comments if I may.

Or as my father used to say: “Now, I’m not telling you what to do, I’m just giving you a suggestion.”

1. You’ve been here about a week. If you’re planning on staying and making this your home (and I hope you do then I just have to lurk in one place) then please drop the us/them, we/they, RW/RA stuff. If you’re staying, it’s all RA. You know, the B&B at RA.

2. User Groups. How ‘bout we (meaning you) put all those chat threads in User Groups? The Mammals, I Meant to Post, TFAG (whatever it is), Facebook Mug Shots, etc.. Keep the dailies and other chit-chat threads here, but move those single threads that have eleventy billion replies that go on for days/weeks/months/years to User Groups (cause that’s what they’re for). We (meaning you) could make a group for each one, OR put them all in ONE GROUP; name it “Chat Threads” or some such.

3. Miles Games. These could go into the same or another User Group. Or, (gasp!) we (meaning we) could join one of the multitudinous mileage games already here. They even have pace bunnies!

4. Stickies. About four of them could go into the aforementioned User Group. Less is more. Seriously, less is more.

One more thing, your internet “home” is where your friends are, not a web page.     ::insert smiling winky here::

Thanks, y’all! Back to lurking.

~fla

Or, you know, you could try to be nice to the new people.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Room317, are you saying that as a collective "you" or a pointed "you"? And to which "you" are you referring?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

One more thing, your internet “home” is where your friends are, not a web page.  

Sweet.  This thread will keep me entertained for a while.  But I do agree with the above.  And that it's not RW vs. RA.

Running is dumb.

Room317, are you saying that as a collective "you" or a pointed "you"? And to which "you" are you referring?

I was implying it was rude for a lurker to come here and tell us how to run our little community. But maybe I'm missing something.

Docket_Rocket

The problem with the chat threads is that they form automatically so how are we to create a user group before we start talking spontaneously?  Also, if we do it after, we lose a lot of good stuff from the original thread.

As to the stickies, I am not removing the race sign up ones, at least not yet. Nobody would sign up if I create user groups now.

Fliippy, maybe Amy is referring to YOU PEOPLE.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

flarunner

Or, you know, you could try to be nice to the new people.

Maybe you didn't read the part about me lurking for years at both places.

And where exactly was I not nice?

LRB

I have about had it up the ceiling fan in my bedroom with being told what to do on this website so let me say this:

When I'm in your house, I will dance to your music.  When you're in my house, you can either dance to my music or go home.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Maybe you didn't read the part about me lurking for years at both places.

And where exactly was I not nice?

Telling a group of 300 or so that they should arrange everything to suit you?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

When I'm in your house, I will dance to your music.  When you're in my house, you can either dance to my music or go home.

I think the point was that we're all in the same house now.

Running is dumb.

I think the point was that we're all in the same house now.

Right, and one person doesn't go around saying how to decorate.

A Man On The Run!

I guess I am a little sow on the uptake here (LOL nothing new there)  But isn't the Beginners and Beyond already a user group? Confused

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

xor

This IS a user group.

I'm confused.  Are you saying start a second user group for the chat threads????

I do like B&B, though.  Old school RAers have been calling you BooF.  Ok, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, this is your (as in Bee and Bee's, not SpamWOL refugees) party room.  Do whatever the heck you want in here.  If you really really feel the need to set up a Bee and Bee Chat Groupon, that's your deal, but it starts getting damn complex.

Oh yeah: you don't have enough stickies in here yet.

flarunner

OK, let me say this again.

I have been on BOTH SITES, for years. I have posted on BOTH SITES. I mainly lurk on BOTH SITES.

I am not a them. I am not a we. And I am not tellling you what to do. I am just giving a suggestion so that both sides assimilate better, easier, faster.

Damaris, I probably should have PM'd you with this idea.

xor

OK, let me say this again.

I have been on BOTH SITES, for years. I have posted on BOTH SITES. I mainly lurk on BOTH SITES.

I am not a them. I am not a we. And I am not tellling you what to do. I am just giving a suggestion so that both sides assimilate better, easier, faster.

Damaris, I probably should have PM'd you with this idea.

I have been active on both sites for years and while I get part of what you are trying to say, you lost me on the whole thing about user groups.  Which this already is.