Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday night, who's drinkin with me? (Read 42 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

We opened up our bottle of Crown tonight in celebration of me going back to work.  6 months ago I was laid off and Feb 10th I will be back to work at a new job.  Time to celebrate!!  We each had just a drink out of it, saving the rest for more special occasions.  Next up is in June when we become grand parents.

And yes that is 1967 on the liquor tax sticker.  47 year old Crown is fugging AWESOME!!!

Love the Half

Nothing that special but I did just pour a Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale.  Next up will be a Samuel Adams Double Bock.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Nevrgivup

We opened up our bottle of Crown tonight in celebration of me going back to work.  6 months ago I was laid off and Feb 10th I will be back to work at a new job.  Time to celebrate!!  We each had just a drink out of it, saving the rest for more special occasions.  Next up is in June when we become grand parents.

And yes that is 1967 on the liquor tax sticker.  47 year old Crown is fugging AWESOME!!!

I had a beer earlier with a friend. Wanted to say CONGRATS on the new job!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Couple of light beers for me. Watching the calories, working on dropping weight a few pounds.

Crown's pretty festive. I bought a bottle of their "maple finish" one time. It didn't last very long. Less than a month. Too tasty. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Love the Half

Heh.  The Double Bock has 290 calories.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

delicate flower

Congrats on the new job, Venom!

I am finishing my ski vacation in style:  Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash.

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Heh.  The Double Bock has 290 calories.

And it's probably excellent.

The Bud Light has around 100. But it isn't excellent. Not even close.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Congratulations on the new job, Venomized!

I had a Southern Tier IPA and am about to pour a Bell's Winter White ale.

Will run for scenery.

I went out for Korean food and ordered a bottle of sake, extra hot.  I love hot sake when it's cold out.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

I had two martinis.  Celebrating two trials I won this week and three interviews for hubby in a location that will be disclosed if we take the offers.  Plus, hubby's lung nodule turned out to be smaller than initially thought and likely benign, and Trixie is almost being discharged with a healthy liver.  Salud!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Congratulations on the job, Doug!

And, Damaris, that is also news worth celebrating!

I had some gin my BIL left at Christmas time with a bit of 7-Up. Not a fan of tonic, but this combo worked well.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

YAY Damaris!!! I am having a couple of Ommegang Abbey Ales while catching up on some TV shows this evening. About to head to bed though Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

And congrats to Venomized on the new job!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RSX

Wait I just came from RW and you are drinking with that crowd also. Congrats on the new job.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I hate to admit it, but natural light is not terrible and the next one is for Venom and the new job.  Smile