Beginners and Beyond

You light up my life Saturdailies (Read 28 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Getting ready to storm so I'm off to run and try to beat it.

Marjorie

delicate flower

'Morning, internets!  Getting ready to storm, so I will hold off on running until later today.  Big grin

Got Saturday chores to do but not before I drink this coffee!

<3

delicate flower

Just hearing about Paul George.      Damn.  (gruesome basketball injury...)

<3

LRB

'Sup yo!

I will be getting out for an easy 8 after a nice cup of java, probably in about an hour.

happylily

'Sup yo!

I will be getting out for an easy 8 after a nice cup of java, probably in about an hour.

Same here. 8 easy, with 8x30 sec. strides.

I've been walking on the beach for 2 hours everyday, barefoot, and it's amazing how it works different muscles in the legs. Also, I am much less achy since I started running outside as opposed to on the TM. Plus, mentally, it's so much easier... I go out for 11-12 miles and it really feels like a short run of 60 minutes. What a difference!

Gray day here today. After my run I will sit on the deck and finish a book I started a few years ago (yes, I find it boring as hell, but I'm stubborn and I want to finish the damn thing). And this evening, we're going to a classical concert (part of the Indian River Music Festival) which will be held in this local church. Not Kiss or Def Leppard, but to me, just as exciting. 

Have a great day, everyone! And Zel, tell us all about your walk last night!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I am off...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Some miles with hubby tonight.  I'm getting my Chicago training plan sometime this weekend and I cannot wait.  I finally feel well enough to have some mojo.

Marjorie, hope your run was dry.

Phil, hope your run is dry too.

LRB, enjoy your 8.

Lily, nice run.  Great pictures!

Have a great day!

Damaris

I am off...

...but we knew that.

10 easy miles for me. Planning to go to yoga a bit later; I feel like I should try to squeeze some of that into my running schedule, I have really gotten out of the habit.

Have a good Saturday one and all.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

10 sometime today.  No rush I've been enjoying sleeping in this past week.

might return to a 5/6 am schedule before long.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dave for the win.....

ha.

9.1. Beat the rain. Minimal light drizzle mile 2 to 3. Nothing to even make me any more wet as I was already sweaty. Now puppy pool

Marjorie

LRB

LRB, enjoy your 8.

It was great, until that last quarter mile!

Ric-G

9 miles this AM

back from monterey ca where it was cool and now back in an oven...great pics lily....have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I damn near covered a marathon yesterday!

7.5 miles (the only running miles) in the AM.  Then in the afternoon, I had an errand to run, probably about 4 miles round trip.

I got a short nap in, then we left for our long walk just before 9.  It took 6 hours, so we got in just before 3.  Then It took another hour and a half to get home (and we were lucky).

I plotted what I think was our route on map my run, and came up with this:

Walk to Cartago

13.46 miles, 1,370 feet elevation gain.

Add it all up, and you have 25 miles for the day.  Plus I didn't get to bed until like 5AM.   Don't think I will run today, because I care more about my long run tomorrow.

happylily

Hey guys!  I damn near covered a marathon yesterday!

7.5 miles (the only running miles) in the AM.  Then in the afternoon, I had an errand to run, probably about 4 miles round trip.

I got a short nap in, then we left for our long walk just before 9.  It took 6 hours, so we got in just before 3.  Then It took another hour and a half to get home (and we were lucky).

I plotted what I think was our route on map my run, and came up with this:

Walk to Cartago

13.46 miles, 1,370 feet elevation gain.

Add it all up, and you have 25 miles for the day.  Plus I didn't get to bed until like 5AM.   Don't think I will run today, because I care more about my long run tomorrow.

Damn, you must be exhausted and I bet your feet are sore... Awesome job, Zel. Did you take any pictures?

9 recovery miles done. I know I was tired today, because I was naturally inclined to run an 8:35 pace, instead of 8:20 as per usual. But I forced myself to run even slower than that, in prevision of tomorrow's 18 miler. So my overall pace today was 8:54. Humidity was 82%, with a 66* dew point and 70* temps.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010