Beginners and Beyond

Hot Fun in the Summertime SaturDailies (Read 57 times)

flarunner

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

7 speedy miles jammin' to my Motown mix.

Good racing and running to all the racers this weekend!

Have a great weekend y'all!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Awesome thread title. I was just looking to start things out!

I'm planning on a longish run this morning, 8-10 miles on the riverwalk. But first, I have to do a load of laundry. All of my long running pants are dirty! Such is the story with cold weather.

Good news from Allstate yesterday - my horsepower is up by 43, and my premium is down by 28. Can't beat that with a stick.

Have a great Saturday, Flarunner and all dailies! Best of luck to today's racers!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Luke79

Buenos Dias.

I managed a couple hours of sleep, and now the hour is drawing near.  It looks like 48° and cloudy at start time.  No chance of rain until afternoon Smile

Enjoy your runs guys, and have a wonderful day.  I'll let you know how the dealio went later on.

A balmy good morning to you, dailies:

flarunner - motown, that's not a bad idea

Tom - enjoy the riverwalk

Luke - sounds like ideal weather, good luck!

5.9 last night in another winter wonderland.  8:11 pace;  speed is still hindered by the snow, but I found an unsalted and evenly packed back road to do some strides on.

There was a huge halo around the moon and light pillars above the nearby illuminated ski hills.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to do a shakeout run before heading to the chiro for some stretches.

Luke, good luck!

Shirfan, nice run last night.

flarunner, it is Summer, isn't it?  Ugh.  Miami is going to be hot tomorrow.

Tom, enjoy your run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That is a cruel, cruel title! You should be shipped to one of our cold weather climes for your crime.

Heading out to meet the running group. Well see what happens - it snowed a lot last night Sad

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

Flarunner: Nice job getting out and getting 7 fast ones in.  I'm still in my jammies.  I'm kind of jealous that you are done!!!

Tom: Enjoy those 8-10 miles.  That's great news re: the insurance!  Yay for saving $$$!

Luke: Good luck this morning!!!  I hope you have a fantastic race!!!

SIAR: Have fun with the group!!!

Jay: 6 miles at that pace in the snow is impressive.  It is not easy to run in that stuff.  Well done!

Damaris: I hope the shake out run goes well and the visit to the chiro takes care of any residual aches/pains.

9 very, very, very slow recovery miles planned for this AM.  I ran 14 last night and that - along with the rest of the week's running - has just zapped me.  I am hoping to do some MP miles tomorrow, so I want to take it very easy today.

Good morning everyone! It's been a week since I've ran. Going to Try 2-3 miles today.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Robert31320

Team TJ

I finished up 6.2 miles a short tima ago.  Makes a monthly miles PR for me and I'm not done yet!

Happy Saturday!

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

What up doe!

Good morning D and X!

Supp boys!

Hi Flo, thank you for starting this fine thread this morning!  I am looking forward to more dailies from you!

Well, I had planned an interval workout at goal half marathon pace but it snowed overnight, so I don't even know if I can run easy miles in that crap.

I would rather get audited than run on the treadmill today so it looks like I have a dilemma.

Need coffee...

Docket_Rocket

I'm guilty!  Ship me!  Ship me!  Please!

That is a cruel, cruel title! You should be shipped to one of our cold weather climes for your crime.

Heading out to meet the running group. Well see what happens - it snowed a lot last night Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

4 recovery miles done.

Heidi, you and I have trained similarly this week.  Except you're doing a million miles but I'm only doing 60.  Slow down those runs, woman!  I mean, robot!  Hope the run goes great today.

Sparker, enjoy your 2-3.

Jerry, congrats on the PB!

LRB, get audited, LOL.  Where's MY coffee???????  Hope you get to run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Rest day for me.  Still feeling good after my 3 miles yesterday, with no pain in my knee or foot, so I don't want to push it.  I'm going to try for a bit longer tomorrow.

LRB, here ya go, sugar.

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Kay, how do you like the Brooks vs your previous shoes?  Nice to see you getting past the pain.

Running for TJ because he can't.