Beginners and Beyond

Time for Tuesdalies (Read 46 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Out for 7 with my friend. It's her tempo day but it still should be a moderate pace for me.

Zelanie...I had the first Kinvara, so I'm not the best one to ask. The toe box is roomier than back then, and it's a pretty nice shoe generally.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning SIAR.

No run. I've run 21 days in a row. I'm at the airport right now for business trip. I have extra running cloths if I decide to run today I can but will keep it short.

Jay I did think rolling pin would get comments yesterday but.....had to be said. Smile

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Hubby and I have an open water swim clinic tonight with our tri club. I can't wait

since it's going into the high 90's again today.

Good practice too. We are doing a sprint tri on the weekend, my first one with an

ocean swim. Possibility of jellyfish but probably not sharks so I should survive.

Have a good one folks!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I ran a couple miles this morning to avoid the heat later. I don't know if I'll double again today - probably not. It was a nice run though. The sunrise was pretty.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 with fartleks tonight.

SIAR, enjoy the 7.

Marjorie, take care of those legs and enjoy the rest.

Beth, enjoy the swim clinic.

April, enjoy the doubles.  Two years ago, I found that was the only way to cope with my recently diagnosed asthma and the heat.  Whatever you can do to run your miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Greetings, people.

SIAR, thank you for starting today's thread.

Enjoy the seven-mile tempo run with your friend.

Marjorie, have a safe trip.

Beth, have a pleasant time with your husband at the swim clinic.

AprilRunner, have fun running. I hope that you manage to stay out of the most uncomfortable weather.

I'll do just push-ups and ab work today, before bed. It's a major fast day, so, no food or drink from sunset last night until after nightfall tonight. Sunday, I did push-ups and ab work, after the 11.5-mile progression run at the gym. Yesterday, I did weights, push-ups, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the AMT. Have a great day, everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Z, from last night.  The Kinvara 4s feel just like the 3s, except the mesh is lighter, I think.  I have both and do not notice a major difference.  The new colors are nice too.

SIAR- How do you like the Kinvara4's?  Are they similar to the 3's?  I'm hoping. Smile

Basya, hope your fast goes well and enjoy your XT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

BS - You guys get some crazy tidal currents, don't you ?  Do they schedule events with that in mind, or is it all just part of the sport ?  I remember watching the tide around Cape Split, NS and it was just insane!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

When I saw 5:20 on the clock this morning, I was like run?  Run my ass, I went back to sleep!

A URD is fine with me.

I ran a couple miles this morning to avoid the heat later. 

How'd that work out for you?

Despite the A/C, nearly too hot to sleep last night. Woke up to all the windows in the house being fogged up.

Ran 6.1 miles at 9:05 pace with 73 DP. Joking Avoided the official heat advisory anyway, but little consolation.

Although possibly my bigger concern is getting out to mow the lawn this evening. Going to be super hot, plus the grass is extra long since I was out of town for the weekend. DD has been wanting to earn some money, so I think now is a good time to teach her how to use the lawnmower. 

Have a great day everyone, and stay cool out there.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  8 easy pre-work treadmill miles this morning.  8:31 pace.  I've been at work for 30 minutes this morning and am already pissed off.  Gonna be one of those days.  Good thing it ends early due to 2:30 PT.

<3

Hip Redux

I've been at work for 30 minutes this morning and am already pissed off. 

+1

Morning all.

Grumpy.

YAYpril - B-Plus

How'd that work out for you?

It wasn't too bad, actually. It was 73 with 67DP so not horribly uncomfortable, but I had predesignated today as No Shirt Tuesday so I ran in a bra and skirt. I only did 3 miles (since I ran 8 yesterday and will run 10 tomorrow) but I managed to eek out a blazing fast (for me, in this weather!) 10:11 last mile.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Grumpy.

Does this cheer you up?