Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES for some, Fake FriDAILIES for others (Read 33 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

It is fake Friday for me, yippee!

What do you think about that Tard?

LRB

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Up for a run with a friend in a few. I'm doing a lot of running today. 9 with her this morning, then 9 with another friend at 3:30 (same workout), then meeting the yoga instructor to get a quick 5 in before yoga at 7! It should be fun though, and all but about 4 of the morning miles will be slower than my paces so I think I can manage.

Y'all have a good one now!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Just B.S.

Hey LRB!!!Fake Friday for me too!!!

SIAR, that is a LOT of running, have fun!

Directly after work we are taking off for the 12 hour drive to Ottawa. Getting as far as we can

tonight and drive the rest tomorrow.

Excited for our first Olympic Tri  on Saturday (1,500m swim, 45k bike, 10k run) but way way more excited

to see my darling boy for the first time since Christmas.

Less excited that we need to do a 17 mile training run the day after the tri. But we did the same after

last weeks sprint tri and I was amazed at how good I felt and hit normal long run paces so here's hoping.

Anywhoooooo have a great weekend everyone!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Ever get up at 5:30 and drive 15 minutes in the opposite direction of work to go to the Y and get there and find out the pool is closed for 2 weeks?

Yeah.

delicate flower

'Morning.  The weather this week sucks.  It does not make for comfortable running, especially after teasing us for two weeks with very mild temps.  Well it's humid again today but at least it'll be in the 70's.  Maybe my post-work run will be a little more tolerable today.  Speaking of which, I did 12.5 last night at 9:05 pace and I wasn't exactly thrilled with the performance.  Looking at my logs though, it's still a minute faster per mile than my double digit runs were a year ago.  So, it is allllll good.

Today is my Thursday.

<3

Hip Redux

Ever get up at 5:30 and drive 15 minutes in the opposite direction of work to go to the Y and get there and find out the pool is closed for 2 weeks?

Yeah.

Oh nooooo!

We did some one-legged deadlifts in PT yesterday.  I am acutely aware of my hamstrings this morning.

I have no idea what my plan for the today is but I know it will involve being annoyed at work.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I ended up not getting my run in last night. Long story short (maybe TMI?) I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon to get my baby-proofing shot (an injection in my butt) and the nurse, who I adore, was having a bad day and I think accidentally took it out on me. She jabbed me pretty good, so I was sore. So I took a rest day instead.

A couple miles at lunch, hopefully. I can't run after work because I have baking and cleaning to do. Brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for a picnic on Saturday.

LRB

Supp!

Thursdays are usually the day I do strides, but I decided to just take it easy today being only two days removed from that 15 mile MP run.  I likely could have done them, but I have nothing to prove, so I just let my body set the pace and instead will live to run fast another day.

7 easy:

9:23

8:57

8:48

8:36

8:31

8:29

8:25

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Back from an awesome 13 miler.  It was not very hot (82-85F) but humid as hell (picture in FB).  Anyway, after 8 consecutive runs and more than 80 miles between them, I have a well deserved SRD tomorrow.

LRB, I love Grumpy Cat.

April, sorry about the missed run.

All, have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Hi!

I ended up not getting my run in last night. Long story short (maybe TMI?) I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon to get my baby-proofing shot (an injection in my butt) and the nurse, who I adore, was having a bad day and I think accidentally took it out on me. She jabbed me pretty good, so I was sore. So I took a rest day instead.

A couple miles at lunch, hopefully. I can't run after work because I have baking and cleaning to do. Brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for a picnic on Saturday.

I get that shot, hurts like a mofo sometimes. Brownie peanut butter cupcakes? I am sad I missed cake balls last week too Sad

Heading out for a bike ride in a few minutes. They opened the new section of the trail so instead of my usual 10 I am going to try for 15. Maybe.

Docket_Rocket

That is not fair!  Sorry about that.

Yeah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yeah.

Sucktastic. You've been having a hell of a time lately MBC. Time for another vacation? Smile

Morning dailies. Holy crap I didn't feel like running today. When I woke up a thunderstorm was just moving out and it was HUMID. My wife asked me if I was going to skip my run. No way Jose. Why would I skip it when it's been hot and humid all week? For whatever reason my body didn't like even my Easy pace, so I struggled for the first 3 or so miles to maintain the pace. Finished 6 @ 8:51 overall.

On a pretty fantastic note, I did break 200 miles in a month for the first time today! That is pretty awesome.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Zelanie

Morning!  My track workout yesterday was a success!

Following LRB's advice, I took out some of the intervals since it was my first time back.  I added jogging in place of the skipped intervals, which made things even more care bear.  But whatever, I got it done!

Warmup- 2.8 miles.  Did 4 x 100 strides with the group since that's how they roll there.

1000m @T - 5:11.  Target pace was 5:15.  Went out WAY too fast, didn't believe my watch, and had to reel it in.

1 min recovery.  Just stood around because that's what all the fast runners were doing.

1000m @T - 5:16.  More even this time.

Recovery - 0.38 miles

800m @ I - 3:55.  Target 3:54.  That last 200m sucked big time.

Recovery- 0.43 miles (because I was good and scared of what was coming next after how tough that 800 was!)

200m @R - 0:53.  Target 0:54.  That was fun!

Recovery- 0.25 miles.

200m @R - 0:54.  Fun again!

Cool down - 0.85.

Did pretty well hitting my paces and felt like I was getting more even as I went.  As a bonus, somebody from the social run who is about my pace (except on hills, where she kicks my ass) ran the whole workout with me.  She hadn't done track in a while so the shortened workout was good for both of us.  Oh, and I've never tried to hold a sub-8 pace before for anything past 100m ever.  So seeing that "7" on there, even if it was just for an 800, was a great feeling!  RD today, working all day and into the evening.  Boo!

LRB- Thanks for the feedback yesterday!  Helped me have a successful workout, which will make me a lot more likely to try it again!

SIAR- That is a lot of miles!  Enjoy!Beth- Have a SUPER weekend!

MBC- That sucks.  Hope your day gets better from there.

Phil- Today is my Thursday, too, whaddaya know?  Probably a good idea to let the legs have some slow days with all the butt they've been kicking lately.

Oski- I was so happy to hear about your run yesterday!  Is your new doc appointment coming soon, or have you already been in?

Taperil- Those cupcakes sound awesome!

D- Nice run!

Jess- Good luck on the trail!

Burrn- Congrats on breaking 200!