Beginners and Beyond

Sticky icky, icky ThursDAILIES (Read 57 times)

LRB

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

LRB

What up doe!

It was cloudy and only 71 degrees this morning, but a dew point of 71 and humidity of 95% made it a wet one.

I got 6 .5 easy in with strides and had some dick head drive up on the sidewalk behind me.  It scared the living shit out of me but he trying to park at a store front.  He was not near me but even when I turned around, he kept going and never did slow down

If it were the old me, he would have come out to four flat tires and piss in his front seat!  Luckily for him, raising a family gives men perspective on what is and is not important.

Winning a pissing contest against ding a ling (see what I did there?) I don't even know is not important.  Saying hello to my online friends, is!  ; )

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.  Working from home today which means peace and quiet.  The loud clerk was moved to a special project and she is at the other side of the office, so my side is breathing a sigh of relief she is not close to hear her WHAT?  or HOLD ON JUDGE at the top of her lungs.

LRB, nice job on the run, even with the scare.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good restraint Rick. Those people suck

Jay I saw the hoa thread awhile ago.

Well the police will be making a visit and we don't think we can bar him from the meetings but we are working on it. Board attorney is sending him a letter too. The next meeting won't be published on the web site so harder for him to know when it is. Waiting on the public shaming. Two people are working on a post with all the drivel and why it is so hard to keep people on the board because of this d***head. No one wants to deal with the harassment and threats.  At least right now the vp and I won't leave but hard to ask others to join when you don't want to put them through this. The other 2 members are okay right now as they haven't the joy of dealing with it. one gets the emails but he has them set to immediately delete. Mine go to my spam folder. But I eventually look as I feel I need to know how unstable he is getting so we can address it.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like he should leave you alone (for his sake)!  Keep us posted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Ugh, Marjorie!

Nice work LRB, as usual.

D - enjoy the run and weights!

Results are in from last night's XC race - 116/120.  lol   It's ok, I will win "most improved" next week!

Speaking of next week, I have the XC series Wednesday night and then the next morning is the mile race for the 4th of July, and then Saturday is a 5k.   I'm not sure I thought that schedule through...

delicate flower

Good morning, my little jalapeno poppers!  I have done my fair share of treadmilling the last 15 hours, that's for sure!  For example:

Last night:  Easy 9 miles at 8:43 pace.  I was surprised at how easy that pace felt, but my heart rate (137 avg) tells me I indeed was not pushing.  Damn, that's PR marathon pace +10.

This morning:  8 mile speed workout at 8:06 avg pace.  1/2 mile easy, 1/2 mile hard repeats with increasing speed on the intervals.  Speed interval paces were 7:33, 7:29, 7:22, 7:15, 7:08, 7:03, 6:58, 6:52.  It was a good run but I was never pushing too hard.  My interval paces before the injury dipped below 6:00.  I'm probably only a few weeks away from being back there again.  Easy runs now until next week.

(hugs and a coffee for LRB!)

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning! LRB, good self restraint.

Today I am going to go for a swim (of course, it's actually kind of nice out but chance of thunderstorms all day) and do some walking on the treadmill. Still stuttering on my "diet" but trying to make up for it by working out a lot.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I'm dragging my work-RP out for a couple miles at lunch. She expressed yesterday that she feels LAZY so I'm doing my due diligence as a running friend. It'll be warm and humid but there's an 80% chance of storms after work so I'm glad we're going to get it in early, even if it will be icky.

BruceD555

LRB- Morning and nice work on living out the  "restraint being the better part of valor" thing this morning. Your morning weather sounds close to mine, though we did have a bit lower DP @ 68.

Docket_Rocket- Enjoy your day of quiet while working from home ... though you'll probably have to deal with kitty-problems. Wink Hope you get in a good 5 miles this evening and the congestion is less for you.

Oski- You're going to be a busy bear next week. Also nice perspective on the XC positioning to win most improved for next week's race.

Baboon- Awesome workouts and great intervals too! You're right back on the verge of your pre-injury speed and it sounds like your LT is about there.

I'll continue to run easy recovery miles this week and will probably do 5-10 this evening sometime. I got in 5.5 last night and was a soggy mess after running in the humid conditions - but the legs felt great.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Man, I wouldn't want to cross LRB. If I did I might find a soggy front seat and an expensive repair bill. Smile

Marjorie, I'm glad my next move will be out in the the country so I don't have to deal with terrible neighbors. We were about to put our DD for the night last night and my neighbor across the street starts working on his new mid-life-crisis louder-than-it-needs-to-be truck. Yeah, DW wasn't happy and I was a little miffed.

Everyone, good running.

I did 5 easy miles today. My legs felt dead for the first three but then they started to loosen up so I ended with a fast finish.

- Andrew

good morning folks-

Rick- 6 in heat and humidity sucks. way yo get it done. sorry about the piece of jerk that scared you.

D- you are at home and dont get to enjoy the loud clerk being moved? is hubby doing 5 with you later?

Oski- that sounds like a bunch of races and sounds like fun.

Baboon - way to kick butt on that treadmill. you are a better man than me.

Lilac- have fun in the pool.

April- way to be a good buddy and drag her out there. hopefuly the encouragement gets her on track.

Bruce- Easy miles are enjoyable- Most of my miles are easy ones and the humidiy isnt fun. It keeps my in check.

Andrew- its funny how dead legs sometimes get life after a while. way to finish.

AFM- I did six miles in soggy soupy humid BS. It took forever, but its fun at work when people say, "I saw you running this am, dont you know its too early for that shit, BTW- how much weight have you lost?"

make today great.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Tomas, hubby ran yesterday, so he is resting today.  I am both enjoying the quiet here but the employees are enjoying the quiet at the office from removing that lady from her usual place.  I work 100m away from her and her voice was heard in my office.  It was annoying to have her yell HOLD ON JUDGE to my judge while she connected him with me.  Embarrassing.  The new project takes her out of the day to day work that we cannot have her doing.

Oski, still a great job.

Baboon, nice 9 miler last night.

lilac, enjoy the swim.

April, hope the run went well.

Bruce, enjoy your recovery run.

Andrew, nice 5.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey hey hey.

LRB...Nice work on the sticky 6.5.  I don't know about you, but being able to wring my clothing out after a run always amuses me.  Thanks for keeping your cool despite the idiot driver.

Docket...Peace and quiet at work sounds like a great idea!

Marjorie...As long as this hoa stuff doesn't interfere with the daily mileage...Seriously though, I hope a resolution looms.

Oski...Most improved sounds like a good award to shoot for.  You really did fill out the racing calendar coming up.  They're all a little different though, which should help making them more tolerable and less fatiguing.

Baboon...Great job on all the running success post-injury.  You could probably do one of those cheesy, low budget tv commercials for your surgeon if he ever wanted to.

Lilac...Have a good swim.  Exercising away calories seems so much easier than trying to restrict them in the first place.

April..Hope your work RP appreciates your efforts and that you ladies have a good one.

Bruce...Good to see that you're recovering well.

Brr...Nice work on the 5 miles, and glad you started to feel better.  Neighbors are idiots, that's my generalization.

T-rod...Way to get out and get it done.

I'm looking for an easy 10 miles later, whenever I find the requisite get-up-and-go.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Results are in from last night's XC race - 116/120.  lol   It's ok, I will win "most improved" next week!

Speaking of next week, I have the XC series Wednesday night and then the next morning is the mile race for the 4th of July, and then Saturday is a 5k.   I'm not sure I thought that schedule through...

Nowhere to go but up!  Almost.  And the price was right.  Smile  Speaking of that 5K, I just signed up to volunteer as a course monitor.  I get a free shirt!

<3