Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Superbulous SunDAILY (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

superbulous (adjective) : excellent : wonderful

5 or 6 miles for today and more wedding prep.  Any Toast suggestions?

Have a wonderful Labor Day Eve...

tracilynn

Morning jerry, the only "toasts" I remember are the innappropriate drinking ones from college Evil

Im sure you will think of something from the heart that will sound great!

I ran 3.7 this morning.  It was a horrible run.  I had to take walking breaks and i dont remember the last time I had to take walking breaks. It was very hot and miserable and I had zero energy.  Just wanted it to end.  My run yesterday felt great!  I dont get it?  No reason to analyze it, just a bad run.  Blah.

Taking the girls to the pool in a little while Cool

Cant believe its SEPT.

I wonder where Tomas has been?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  20 miles done.  Very strong run.

Jerry, toast as in message?  You're going to have to write something from your heart.  Try something funny.  Enjoy the run.

traci, we all have bad runs.  I wouldn't worry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  Got 4 recovery miles in, a 1-minute plank, and am headed in to school to get some things ready.

Jerry- You have a good sense of humor.  I am sure you will do fine on the toast!

Traci- That's almost a guarantee that the next run will be better.

D- Congrats on the 20 miler!

GinnyinPA

Traci  given how hot it has been this week, you may have been a bit dehydrated after yesterday's good run.

D - good job on the 20. You must have started very early.

Jerry - enjoy your 6.

Z - it's a holiday weekend, you're not supposed to be working.

Docket_Rocket

I have to start by 530 because it gets too hot by 7 so as to get too hot all throughout.  I made the mistake of starting today at 6am.

Traci  given how hot it has been this week, you may have been a bit dehydrated after yesterday's good run.

D - good job on the 20. You must have started very early.

Jerry - enjoy your 6.

Z - it's a holiday weekend, you're not supposed to be working.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

G'morning!

Jerry - Have a great run and enjoy the wedding prep! I second that your toast needs to come from the heart, but if you get stumped just start twerking Big grin

Traci -  I'm loving the plank challenge, it was a great idea! What's next, Streak-tember? Squat-tober? Though maybe not, considering the possible interpretations...

Docket -  I admire your ability to train in such miserable weather. I admire your shoes, too. Wow, the shoes!

Zelanie - Sorry I didn't mention it before, but congrats on the anniversary of your weight loss! Did you ever hit a point when the scale stopped but you could tell you were still getting smaller because your clothes were bigger?

Did five mile run/walk on Friday to start the weekend. Took walk breaks as needed (it was 80 degrees out so there were many) but after four miles I was discouraged by my pace so I did another four laps by pushing hard for half lap and slow jog/walk the other half. Two miles on Saturday morning with the Garmin doing 6 run/1 walk then the Bacon Festival where I had a chocolate dipped frozen banana with chocolate covered bacon on top. It was wonderful!

Have a great day!

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

Ginny - I'm sorry to hear you're injured but I'm glad you're posting, you are so wise and you can rock the personals! A few weeks ago I read your thread on RW ((hugs)) How're you doing now?

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

+1

Ginny - I'm sorry to hear you're injured but I'm glad you're posting, you are so wise and you can rock the personals! A few weeks ago I read your thread on RW ((hugs)) How're you doing now?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Perfect day and got the 6 miles done @ 10:30.  26 for the week, streak at 25.  hmmm...I'll have to run early next Saturday to keep it going.

Great idea with the twerking, Bacon.  Twerk from the Heart.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

RnR is done, and so am I! lol  Why do we race in weather like this?  Dewpoint was 74*, 99% humidity.  As if that wasn't bad enough, I had to sabotage myself with too much coffee this morning.  I never drink coffee before a race, not sure why I decided to today, but a half pot (two cup, but we have really big cups lol) was definitely a bad idea.  I still knocked 11mins off my time from last year in similar weather, so that's good, would have been even quicker without the GI issues.  I'll get a RR up in a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.  Just a quick check in on my phone. I did my first 15 mile run early this morning and it went well.  Now the kids are at the beach and we are kicking back on the deck. Later, DW, the other adults and I are going for margaritas at a beachfront place and then to a great dive bar called The Class of '47. I may have to have a boilermaker or two. Wink

Zelanie

Baconista- Sounds like your kind of festival!  It seems like most of the time that I saw clothing size improvements, my weight loss was stalled. I also noticed that I would tend to stall when I got to new levels of miles per week, too. I think maybe at certain mileage levels, I needed to store more glycogen, which is fairly heavy. But it's not fat, so I was still making overall progress, it just wasn't showing on the scale.

Zelanie

D2- Almost a minute per mile faster on the same course! Smile