Beginners and Beyond

Last August Fri-Dailies (Read 41 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep! This the final Friday of August, next week will be September and only TWO months until my debut marathon!

I got 6 slow and sore miles in this morning, not sure about this weekend as forecast is promising thunderstorms all Sunday..... stupid weather. Have a great day everyone!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

What up doe!

Why am I up already with the day off from work?!    It's because I have to get these miles in before the cool air gives way to the warmth, and I have a massage scheduled with Tammy at 11:15.

This will be my first time with T as my usual massage therapist Hilary is off today, hopefully she is any good.

Right now though let's get some coffee going....

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Due to my schedule today, I had to wake up and run before work.  91F and 76DP at 5am.  5 miles done.  Pilates and heavy weights after work.

GIVE ME ALL THE COFFEE!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The deal of the day at Amazon is up to 45% off select pair of Pearl Izumi kicks.

Honeys click here, G's click here.

Cyberic

Rest day today. I went on my longest running streak *ever* of 15 days! Actually it's more all the beer I drank yesterday (I had 6 pints of a very good amber beer, 6.2% alcohol, 26 IBU ) and the little sleep I've had in the past 3 days that are motivating a rest day Big grin

Cyberic

The deal of the day at Amazon is up to 45% off select pair of Pearl Izumi kicks.

Honeys click here, G's click here.

When it comes time to buy stuff, it can be running shoes, meds, tires for my car, ... I envy you Americans. I just don't get what justifies the difference in prices we pay up here,

LRB

Rest day today. I went on my longest running streak *ever* of 15 days! Actually it's more all the beer I drank yesterday (I had 6 pints of a very good amber beer, 6.2% alcohol, 26 IBU ) and the little sleep I've had in the past 3 days that are motivating a rest day Big grin

6 pints?  Geezus, my head would be sunk in the pillow like a bowling ball if I did that.  lol

Back in the day I could hang with you, these days I keep it to 2 pints and maybe 3 depending on what it is or else my ass is toast.  lol

Nice & cool again this morning. 10 miles on the slower end of easy.

Dave

6 pints?  Geezus, my head would be sunk in the pillow like a bowling ball if I did that.  lol

Back in the day I could hang with you, these days I keep it to 2 pints and maybe 3 depending on what it is or else my ass is toast.  lol

+1 to all this. Actually with 6 pints my head would be bent over praying to the porcelain god.

Dave

LRB

+1 to all this. Actually with 6 pints my head would be bent over praying to the porcelain god.

He is definitely not in our age group.  lol

LRB

When it comes time to buy stuff, it can be running shoes, meds, tires for my car, ... I envy you Americans. I just don't get what justifies the difference in prices we pay up here,

I have no idea why that is.  I can walk out my front door right now and be in Windsor in 30 minutes so it has nothing to do with distance.

Incidentally, back in the 80's Canada's legal age for drinking was 19 and we made that trip once or twice a month.  Great times!

Docket_Rocket

6 pints?  I am in!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  Four day weekend for me.  Glorious.  Caught up on some sleep last night and slept almost 10 hours.  I needed that.  I'm fixing to go for a run in a bit.  It'll be short and easy so my legs are ready for my LR tomorrow.  I'm taking my new Adios BOOST 2's out this morning for their first run (my old pair is the non-Boost version).  I think I'll hit up Starbucks for an Americano after.  werd

<3

Incidentally, back in the 80's Canada's legal age for drinking was 19 and we made that trip once or twice a month.  Great times!

Growing up in the Chicago area, we just used Wisconsin - drinking age 18 back then.

Speaking of WI - where's Step been?

Dave