Beginners and Beyond

22-year old young man killed while jogging (Read 143 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very sad...22-year old young man killed while jogging because three teenagers were bored....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/oklahoma-teens-charged-shooting-australian-baseball-player/story?id=20014020

My heart goes out to his family.   Such a stupid, senseless act.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Heartbreaking... I hate senseless pain and destruction of lives.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

The worst kind of violence; senseless.

That's one life destroyed, three thrown away, and four families changed forever.

Hip Redux

Holy hell, that's awful.  Sad

And WTF is going on in the comments on that story?  People have lost their damn minds.

LRB

And WTF is going on in the comments on that story?

I usually read them but did not that time.  Let me go look....

LRB

I usually read them but did not that time.  Let me go look....

I did not make it past the seventh comment.

B-Plus

That bad? This is just sad and stupid.

LRB

That bad?

The dreaded race card is played.

Hip Redux

I am surprised you even made it that far.  I was sort of dumbfounded at the first one!   The sad thing is these kids probably did not care if the guy was black or white or alien or whatever, they were just out to kill.   But of course, a bunch of adults have to spend their time bickering  on the ABC news site about race/conspiracy theories involving little to no factual information...

LRB

I am surprised you even made it that far.  I was sort of dumbfounded at the first one!

I think it changes as they are posted, so the seventh one I read was probably the first one you read!

Hip Redux

I think it changes as they are posted, so the seventh one I read was probably the first one you read!

Ha, probably!

Daves_Not_Here

The incident is tragic and heartbreaking, but not terribly surprising. I too read comments to many articles. I find the comments made by the readers a sad testimonial to the type of society we've become. Civil discourse has been replaced with disrespect, ridicule, hatred, anger, and plain personal attacks.

Docket_Rocket

I grew up with this kind of violence (senseless shooting for "fun") and I don't wish it on anyone.  My dad was shot at in February just because he was driving and they were passing him.  It is sad that people feel the need to have fun in this way.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wow. I have been to Duncan, OK, on business. Glad I stuck to the hotel treadmill.

Dave

Those 3 teens should all get the death penalty..and at the sentencing the judge can say "I'm bored myself, I need fry 3 thugs"..and you're it