Beginners and Beyond

The FIFTH (Read 57 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I will be heading out for a short run (as long runs go) for the third consecutive Sunday, which in and of itself is nothing short of a miracle.

What's your story?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What's your story?

I'll take the Fifth and avoid self-incrimination.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Fortunately in Bankruptcy, taking the fifth is useless.  

Morning!  I have my LR sometime today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I will just take a Fifth of my favorite whiskey and get wasted. :P

I will probably take Dorian for an easy 3 later, he has been wide awake and insane since 5 AM this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

12 miles this morning, and my body now remembers what it feels like to run that "long."

Church in in a bit where I can beg for forgiveness for swearing at bad parkers. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

14 miles at 7:49 avg. Hansons suggest to run the long runs faster than easy pace. My pace was a bit faster than what they suggest, but I felt so good today.

Interesting face about that pace: BQ for me  (3:25)

Little Blue

4 miles walk with my friend on the beach road.  There's a nice, stiff breeze to cool and push.  More E/DSU later.

13.1 easy, probably going to the beach, then more later possibly.

LRB

12 miles this morning, and my body now remembers what it feels like to run that "long."

I have about 6 weeks to go before this becomes a reality, if my broken ass even makes it at all.

B-Plus

10 mile trail run up to a waterfall. I'm guessing we will be doing a lot of hiking since I'm not going alone.

delicate flower

Hello!  5.2 real easy miles with DW.  After beating the hell out of myself the last three days, this run was just what the doctor ordered.

<3

outoftheblue

I've been MIA lately, so I thought I check back in to say "hi".  Also, I know people here are going to be ramping up for Fall marathons and races, so I wanted to catch back up so I could follow the training.

I've been running, but all short, very easy runs.  The weird foot clenching thing has stopped but my foot still feels a little off, and I'm still experiencing some shin-splint issues if I push things at all.   So, I'm just trying to stay in shape with my running, but have no plans of racing any time soon. I will have to live vicarioiusly through others on that front.

Life is good.

LRB

10 mile trail run up to a waterfall. I'm guessing we will be doing a lot of hiking since I'm not going alone.

Cross-training 'eh? lol

Hi Blue! Thank you for dropping in! 

Hopefully everything works out for you and the half dozen other regulars of the dailies who have been catching pure hell this year.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got up later than planned, stupid neighbors decided shooting off fireworks at 11:30 was a good idea, so I wound up sleeping in. Did lower body weights while on meat watch--DH is smoking pork & beef on the grill and was mowing the yard, so I had to check the temp every 15-20 minutes to make sure it wasn't overheating.

LRB

I toyed with the idea of 9 but ended up running 8. No big deal either way but I am just choosing consistency over numbers right now.

And the fact of the matter is I have been consistently inconsistent, so I have that going for me.