Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 56 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning people!

flarunner, Dave, Basya, jedi, great runs this morning.

Heidi, Damaris, Lily, Shari, Gus, enjoy your runs.

Everyone else, enjoy whatever you have planned today. Smile

Phil, sorry about having to bail on 3 races. I feel for ya. At least you're getting compensated for 2 of them. Not a bad deal at all!

Gus, I probably would run every other day. 3 days one week, 4 days the next... I don't see that as a problem.

As for me, I did my 7 last night on the ole 'mill. I pretty much hated it until sometime after mile 4. I fiddled a lot with incline/decline and speed to try to keep myself amused. Boy I was glad when that was over. Today will be a double for me... I have to do 6 miles and I don't want to do all 6 on the treadmill or in 20* with 15mph winds, so I'll do 3 on the treadmill at lunch then 3 outside after work.

Have a great day!

@runjerseygirl

Late start for me.  I'm working from home, and surprisingly, the mornings are usually more hectic when I do.  I guess because I sleep in.  Anyway, I was going to try and run today, but it's too damn cold, and my foot and knee don't like the treadmill lately.  So I'll hit the kettle bell during lunch.

Oh, and here's your daily caffeine fix.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Now I have a migraine which coffee is making better.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Kay, I have that sign in my kitchen. Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run at Lackland Air Force Base after work yesterday in the sunshine and 75 degree weather.   Today our temp is going up to 79 degrees.  I think Mother Nature is trying to give San Antonio an early Spring.  Will get in a few miles today after work at Fort Sam Houston.   Then a haircut after that.  Funny how your views change.  When I was in high school, I was a long haired rock-n-roller hippy; now, after a 24-year military career, my hair gets long enough to just start touching my ears and it drives me crazy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Supp clique!

6 easy miles w/ 8 strides @ 6:00 done.

The strides at this speed are becoming incredibly comfortable, so I am going to pick up the pace next week.

Jeepofspades

Morning all,

ran 5 last night, coldest temp I've ran in. Got home and had ice in my hair, didn't even realize until I went to pull off my shirt. (Calm down ladies Smile

BruceD555

Top o' the mornin' to you all...

flarunner - Oh the horror of 47 Wink Good job on the 6!

Dtothe2nd - Sounds like you had a great 7 mile already. Enjoy the coffee - though I don't think I've ever seen/heard of salted caramel. (I'm more of a Sumatra dark roast with maybe a splash of half/half)

runmomto3boys - Yeah ... slow ... like that's gonna happen. I know exactly what you mean in the forced discipline to actually run RECOVERY miles at RECOVERY pace.  Have a great 8 miles tonight!

Docket_Rocket - Oh... I wanna sleep in too AND work from home today AND have 60 degree temps. Well, enjoy your run later this afternoon/evening.

Just B.S. - Nice double swim/run workout yesterday. Yikes, I thought our Wisconsin temps were cold lately but yours are downright frigid.

BasyaSpiliakos - Nice treadmill workout!

happylily - Wind bites! Sorry you're stuck in the "uglies" of winter but think warm/sunny/sandy beach thoughts while you're on the treadmill tonight for your 10.

Baboon - You're attitude in the face of the injury (and impending surgery) is great. It's awesome you're able to get in the 40 minutes on the elliptical and here's hoping for a grump-free knee tonight.

StepbyStep-SH - Sounds like you're going into the intervals tonight with a good plan. Listen to the body and don't push it.

jedigunnie26.2 - Awesome tempo run this morning on the TM AND you got to run outside to boot! That's a great idea to mix it up and only use the TM for the tempo portion of the workout.

I did my 14 MLR last night in blowing snow and 1 degree temps. (I've run in colder temps but last night just felt freezing by the end!) With the slippery conditions it was actually a tough workout and my legs are a bit tired this morning. Tonight I have an easy recovery 5/6 planned and I WILL RUN IT SLOW.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Boon, I end up paying more for the events I want to run because I generally register the week of.  For me, I just don't want to risk paying for something too far in advance mostly because I hate to count my chickens before they hatch...I am thus too chicken.  Big grin

I have registered for Detroit 10 months out twice only because at $65.00 vs $125.00, it just makes dollars and cents to take my chances that one time a year.

Gus, running EOD has worked well for me in the past.  It's a sound strategy.

StepbyStep-SH

April - check this out: recipe for homemade cookie dough butter. I don't have any coconut flour, and the idea of a 1/2 c of butter is a little frightening, but I might try it sometime. Or you could make "raw cookie dough."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Edit to add:  Just heard back about the third race and they are letting me defer to a later race without penalty.  Cool deal!

Btw, lilac_jive, the Hogsback Half Marathon is what I'll probably defer to.

<3

runmomto3boys

Bruce: Holy smokes...you did a great job knocking out that 14 in the conditions that you had to deal with.  You are a tougher man than I am. Big grin  Take it easy on those recovery miles.  I'll try to do the same.  I have no problem running slow outside, but at the track, I can't slow down.  I think it's that I hate getting lapped.  I discovered my inner competitive streak at the track, go figure.

Docket: Ohhhh, no. I'm sorry about the migraine!  I hope you feel better as the day goes on!

April: I hope the 3/3 double goes well.

Lily: Where the heck is your RR on Bermuda?  I want a sneak peek: did you PR?  Spill it!

Scotty: I can't even wrap my head around the idea of 75-79 degree temps right now.  Crazy town!!!

LRB: Nice work on the EZ run w/some fast strides thrown in there for good measure!

D2: Another great, strong 7 miler.  Your running still amazes me!  What ever happened w/the IT band stuff?  It wasn't a deal - was it a shoe thing after all???

Flarunner: Great work getting in your 6 early in those "frigid" (:grinSmile temps!

Beth: Fantastic job on the swim and TM running yesterday!

Shari: I hope the foot pain isn't bothersome/anything serious.  That's a tough work out on tap!  Good luck!

Basya: I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling a ton better today.  We all have days like you had yesterday.  I'm glad you are dong so much better!

Jedi: Fantastic, blistering fast tempo run today!  Great job!

Phil: I have no idea about the DNS policies.

Chairman

I think I'll actually run today. I was going to run yesterday, but you'd be amazed how quickly you shut off that alarm and go back to bed when you know it's 9 degrees outside and you're not training for any race.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

YAYpril - B-Plus

April - check this out: recipe for homemade cookie dough butter. I don't have any coconut flour, and the idea of a 1/2 c of butter is a little frightening, but I might try it sometime. Or you could make "raw cookie dough."

YUM. I will have to make the cookie dough butter very soon. Big grin

Mmmmm...beer

Bruce, it's actually salted caramel creamer that I put in my regular coffee, good stuff.

Heidi, thanks!  I think the ITB problems were a combination of worn out shoes and road camber.  I'm stretching every day, have new shoes and have been running on dirt and the other side of the road, five days in a row now (44 miles) with zero problems/tightness/pain. Smile  Technically I've run the last six days in a row, but there was still some tightness at the end of that 10 miler last Sat, it was my last run facing traffic.  Two of my last five runs have been on dirt and three were on the "wrong" side of the road.  Hopefully with continued stretching and varying surfaces/camber I can keep it from coming back.  I think a big part of getting it under control quickly was not pushing it and addressing the problem immediately with rest and stretching.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!