Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 56 times)

Chairman

Did 11 in 1:23.

Rough start to this one. First mile and a half was right into the teeth of 30 mph wind. Foolishly, I wore very thin socks, and my feet went numb from the cold wind.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

scrape., do you have any idea how much you'll run?

I usually go out with a ballpark in mind, but I might do more or less depending on how it goes. Especially now when I know I might have to turn back early if my ankle acts up. Today I was shooting for about 10 and did 11 because I felt up to it. Though about 12 briefly, but decided to stop at 11.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Went out with the general idea of running between 5 and 7 miles today depending on the cold and the wind. Cut out the last loop and finished with 6.3 miles because the wind was increasing and getting rapidly colder - temp 24, wind chill in the single digits.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runmomto3boys

Scrape: I'm glad the ankle held up.  Super nice size run and at a fast clip!

George: What a great run!  Nice work on the 6.3 miler.

Kristin: Ohhh, man.  I'm so sorry about the DNS, but it really is the smartest decision.  Still, it blows.  Boo. I hope the knee feels better soon!

Sarah: Look at you knocking out those double digit runs like it is nobody's business and at a great pace!  Well done!  You are piling on the miles!!!

Tom: Fantastic job on the 5 miler at sub-9:00 pace!  Wow!  You are getting FAST!

StepbyStep-SH

First, hats off to those of you who do personals for everyone! And my apologies that I am not able to do the same.

Foot didn't hurt at all during my run - 8 miles done in about 1:15 w/5x1200 at 7.5 mph (8:00 pace), most with 400 recoveries (one was longer because I needed to jump off the TM to get a drink - forgot my water bottle). A few little twinges in the foot after the run and during strength class, but not much.

Not sure if I'll be running the next two days, though, because I ended up having to pick DS up from school - poor guy ended up sick with his temp hitting the "have to go home" threshold less than a half-hour before an all-school assembly and magic show. To say that he did NOT want to come home would be an understatement. But if he's sick, I'll have no way to get my runs in - DH is out of town and I don't have a home TM.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It looks like if I do run tonight, it won't be until later tonight. By then I should definitely have my warmer clothing.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Scott, enjoy your SRD and your new toy.

AprilRunner, great job doing half of your running already.

DaveP MI, nice warmup to your day with yoga.

Tom, I envy your (and everyone else's) run outdoors.

scrape., ouch! Great run, though. How long did it take for you to regain sensation in your feet?

wcrunner2, excellent run in increasingly cold weather.

Shari, I'm happy that your run was pain-free.

FreeSoul87, I hope you get out there.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Part 2 of my run is done. 3 miles at 9:31 pace. My upper body was toasty warm, legs were adequate, and hands were warm. Face got really cold. I think one of my eyeballs froze for a few minutes there. Windchill was 9* and it was kind of awful. But hey, run and done, right?

Chairman

Basya, it was alright maybe 20 min after I turned away from the wind.

notimeforthat

2x20 tempo intervals on le bike.

happylily

10 miles, 8:27 average, 5 miles of hills. During the last mile with a hill, my legs started remembering what they did last Sunday. Then they cursed at me. Big grin Now bath first and then supper.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Two coldest nights of the year and I'm grilling dinner for my wife because I'm such a good husband.  That, and shit, a man's gotta eat.

<3

Luke79

3 miles @ 10:00 on the TM.  That's it, I'm sufficiently trained and tapered.  It's on for Saturday!

Hello Dailies:

D^2 - that coffee sounds delicious

Lily - Winter can be desolate and depressing like that.  But Spring is closer every day Smile

Jedi - nice run

Rick - good work on the strides

SIAR - nice hill repeats

Baboon - The grill knows no off season here either.

Luke - good luck on Sat.

Hoping to get in 10 in a bit, bathed in near daylight from the full moon on the snow.  It seems so much brighter out here in the country.

Nevrgivup

Very good progression run. 5 miles average pace 8:54 with the last 1.5 miles at an 8:13 pace. Building my base and working on speed again for some races this spring. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.