Beginners and Beyond

12...13....14...and GO For Saturdailies! (Read 35 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

As sapf reminded me in the Penguins thread for this day...today is...12/13/14!

I am getting ready to head out to the first of my FOUR 5Ks I have scheduled this weekend - 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.  The first one this morning is a "Jingle Bells" 5K...

Temperature is nice....about 58 degrees right now...

sapf is doing a 15K race today.....I will be doing 20K!  Over 4 races, of course....  

Good luck to everyone running and racing today! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Good luck on your races Scotty

It's actually clear outside so I'll see the sun today, and temperatures this afternoon will stay juuust below freezing. Perfect winter weather. Enjoying coffee right now. Have to go see the office Santa Claus with the kids  this morning, and I'll be running this afternoon during DS's soccer practice. Should be in the 11 mile range.

Happy saturdaily to you all!

delicate flower

Ski season starts today!  Broken leg inevitable.

<3

delicate flower

And I've locked up a coach for this training cycle.  I'm very excited.  He says he'll make me faster.

<3

And I've locked up a coach for this training cycle.  I'm very excited.  He says he'll make me faster.

Noice. I would be pretty worried if he didn't say that.

I slept like a Baboon last night. It was glorious. Hadn't had a decent night's sleep all week, and nearly dozed off an hour into my 5-hr drive home last night. Run later this AM.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Today is my dads birthday. I spent yesterday with them. Left at 6 this am to drive to the airport as I was flying out of Orlando and it would take over 2 hours to get here plus returning rental car etc. now at gate waiting to get on a plane. Since I didn't want to run at 230 am or 3 I am making it a rest day today.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning!  I had a really nice 10 miler last night.  I've been going back and forth about maybe adjusting my 2015 goal, but this felt really good, so I'm feeling more confident that the downtime is doing me good, and that I'll be back to my old "normal" soonish.

Today I have 4-8, hopefully with some sun.

LRB

What up doe team!

I raced a 5k today and though the result (19:35) was nowhere near a personal best, it was nice to be back at it again.

I will write a little bit about it after I get cleaned up and what not.

B-Plus

Heading out for a group 6 after coffee.

LRB, nice race! Beautiful day for it. As long as it wasn't too early & icy. Saw some wetness on the ground & decided to wait till later this AM to go out, when it hit about 35, to make sure anything out there was melted. 6.4 miles, my longest run since the marathon 8 weeks ago. My lungs were kind of complaining in the middle, but otherwise OK. Average pace of 8:30, faster than the 9:00ish I've been doing on the treadmill. Finished up with mile 6 at 7:56, right around GMP (not to be confused with MP, which is much slower). Huffing & puffing a bit more than I should've been, but felt good.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  12 miles with hubby done this morning.  Weights later.

Damaris

LRB

Finished up with mile 6 at 7:56, right around GMP (not to be confused with MP, which is much slower). Huffing & puffing a bit more than I should've been, but felt good.

There is nothing easy about that first MP or GMP mile, but once you are at the point where you can run one you have turned the corner on rehab and can focus on getting back to where you were without worrying if you will get back.

outoftheblue

Yesterday I ran my first miles since marathon;  3 miles at recovery pace and felt every bit of it.  Going to do some easy elliptical today and trying running again tomorrow.

We are going to head out this afternoon to get our X-mas tree and then decorate the house.   Time to pull out the old holiday playlist.

Dave -- nice going on getting on target with your pace.

Baboon -- you realize, now, that you've set expectations sky high, right?

Life is good.

delicate flower

Day 1 and Coach wants me to take two big cutback weeks.  I don't know if this is going to work out...

Well at least I can ski my balls off the next two weekends and not care about running.  Speaking of which, DW had a great day on the mountain today.  I didn't tear an ACL.

<3

B-Plus

Good job Dave. Good to see you're getting back at it.