Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Sweet & Creamy (Read 38 times)

LRB

What's up joggers and jogettes!

I will not be running today but will try for a set of pushups...or two.

How about you?

Docket_Rocket

Morning. 5 and heavy weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

What's up joggers and jogettes!

I will not be running today but will try for a set of pushups...or two.

How about you?

Drop down and give me 20!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Didn't check in this weekend....was at my boyfriend's in Maryland and posting on my phone is annoying. But I had a great weekend of running. This weekend in MD it was sunny and in the high 40s and up into the 50s, beautiful fall running weather. I ran with his dog on Saturday, and Sunday I capped off my highest mileage week of the year with a hilly 12 mile run for 28.9 miles for the week (couldn't have found an extra .1 somewhere though?!) And despite being my highest mileage week of the year my legs feel great. When I set out for my 12 miler yesterday, I wanted anything between 10 and 12 and would decide depending on how I felt, and my body was good for 12. It was my last long run before the Philadelphia Half, which is my goal half this fall.

Today, though, is a SRD.

Have a great Monday everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Hello, people of Monday!  Taper week 2 is underway.  I expect my legs to feel all tapery this week.  Today's plan is 5-6 easy miles.  I am still feeling all warm and fuzzy about my fine showing in my race yesterday.  I brought the victory pie into work.  No way I can eat five pounds of pie by myself.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day today. 

I will be off tomorrow.  For some reason Veteran's Day is not a State holiday in Texas, so it is up to each state agency if they will close or not.  Since I work for a public university, by Legislative Law, we have to be open so many days a year, and the majority of employees prefer to get days off over the Christmas and New Year's holiday period (we pretty much shut down for 2 weeks at that time) so that means the school is open on Veteran's Day.  But me and my military retired buddies here usually just take a day of leave for the day and go be with our fellow veterans for ceremonies, etc.  Tomorrow I will be doing the San Antonio Veteran's Day 5K at 3 PM.

Did a really nice inaugural 5K on Saturday.  Very hilly course!  Report and photos:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/ac19f90d09dc4a9e856ef4c5cf4a95b4#focus

On Sunday I figured I would go down to the San Antonio Riverwalk and do a nice easy run/walk of about 3 miles to let my legs recover from the hills on Saturday.   What a beautiful day in San Antonio for a run/walk!  I started at 8:30 am.    58 degrees, 'abundant' sunshine, dew-point 48, humidity 41 percent.   I felt so good and it was so nice out there I just kept going for a while.  I ended up with a run/walk of 60 minutes flat,  5.3 miles for me, longest I've done in a few months.   The weather was so nice that I had lots of company too.  Several runners, walker, and cyclists out there with me.  I also met:

• an elderly lady - well, not THAT elderly, , she is 72, so not that much older than me at 60, lol - -  walking her dog, so I stopped to give the dog a treat.  Seeing the shirt I was wearing, the lady told me the dog  had cancer too.  Awwww.   Caught pretty fast and currently being treated and his prognosis is good.   Such a sweet dog.  He sat for me on command, gently took a treat from my hand, and then gave me a big ole doggie-kiss, lol.  Hope I see them again sometime when I go back to the Riverwalk
              • Two geese standing on top of a post at a house, 'honking' like crazy.  I stopped to look at them and they were back-to-back on top of this post, almost looking like they were 'sculpted' up there.  The house-owner was out in his yard and he told me sometimes on Sundays, when that part of the riverwalk is quite active in the morning with runners, walkers, etc. they get up there and 'honk' at everyone who passes by, like they are trying to give a warning, lol.  They were very funny.
              • Another runner flying by me, one of his shoes untied.  I shouted out to him his lace was undone, but he had earbuds in both ears and didn't hear me.  Sure enough, about a few minutes later, his foot "caught" one of the laces, and he did a little 'mis-step" and went off right, into the grass for a few feet - luckily catching himself before he fell, because if he had fallen, h would've rolled right down the short bank there and smack into the river.   Which,  I can tell you from my own personal splash-down experience, it is not fun falling into the mucky water of this river!

I really need to carry my camera with me on these Riverwalk runs, you just never know what you are going to see! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Hello my peeps!

Rick, you inspired me to do 50 push-ups this morning. :-) 50 is all I could do before I started breaking a sweat and I collapsed. Tomorrow will be even worse because my arms will be tired by then. I'm so puny. Now I might even stretch for a bit. See what an influence you have on me?

Damaris, whenever you say heavy weights, I think of some Russian weight lifter. lol... Just how big are those weights?

Kristin, what a great week you had! I wish you the best in Philadelphia!

Baboon, you ran a great 5k. I haven't commented yet, but I well. That pie looks awesome and I hope you left some for the triathlete in your life!

I will run 6 miles at recovery pace, later after work. Then I have some volunteer work to do which is usually done on Saturdays, but it had to be moved to a week's night. I hate when this happens. I feel exhausted when I go to bed after. That's because I'm ancient.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Lily, heavy for me.  20-30lbs for my upper body (I am about to up those pounds by next week).  It is a heavy weight program (not low weights and a lot of repetitions).  Just so long as I achieve exhaustion by the 10th-12th rep is fine.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

Lily, heavy for me.  20-30lbs for my upper body (I am about to up those pounds by next week).  It is a heavy weight program (not low weights and a lot of repetitions).  Just so long as I achieve exhaustion by the 10th-12th rep is fine.

20-30 would be very heavy for me. I think 10lbs is the most I used to work with. :-) You rock!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

20-30 would be very heavy for me. I think 10lbs is the most I used to work with. :-) You rock!

Nah!  it varies from person to person.

This reminds that the Pilates instructor made me do some shit on Friday that made my arms tremble.  And THEN she said, give me 5 pushups (while up on the reformer forming a plank in the air).  They looked like 5 jiggling pushups my arms were trembling so much.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runninggirl30

Hey everyone!

It's gloomy here and I'm tired.  Wish I could curl up with a book all day and watch movies but I have a house to clean and laundry to do, I think everyone is out of clean underwear .   I have decided to up my miles this week so I'm running 4 today.  I really need to stick to my running schedule and make this a habit already...again.

Have a good Monday!

outoftheblue

SDR for me.  One week left to taper.

Kristin, congrats on your running this week and good luck on the Half next week!

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Travel for work

Marjorie

B-Plus

Maybe I'll add some push-ups to today's strength work. 3 miles later.

You Rang?

Just back from four easy miles along the beach.

I'm a lawyer, and the rule in the firm I'm in is if the courthouse is open, we're open.  The exception to that is Veteran's day.  The court is closed, but we're open.  The other exception is the day after Thanksgiving.  The court is open and we're closed.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)