Beginners and Beyond

RR - Freezer 5K (Read 225 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Temps in the mid 40's allowed for shorts and a tech tee.

Maybe for you; not for this South Texas cold-weather wimp runner, lol.

Congrats on your race and the PR! Wow, you are speedy! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Damn, that's a 5:33 pace.  That is impressively fast.  Congrats on the PR and AG win, Shirfan!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Holy crap, that is impressive -- congratulations!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Pinktastic

I'm pretty sure that my brain doesn't process information with the speed that you ran that race!  Wow!!   I am totally in awe of your running abilities!    Thanks for sharing your RR!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

I'd love to get to comment more on how impressive your training is and ask you more questions about what you're doing. Do you mostly focus on 5ks, or race a lot of the other distances too? Anyway, nice job in this race. It seems like you had a good sense of who to let go in order to stay within yourself.

Thanks SIAR.  Smile

Ask away in the dailies, I'll try to answer with some semblance of reason.

I do not really focus on 5K's per se, my training has been marathon-driven for just about a year now.  5K's just happen to be the most common race available,  with a half last spring and a handful of 8K's and a 4 miler thrown in.  I do plan on doing a distance series this winter, which progresses from 5K to half, and a stand-alone 10 mile race in Feb.

When I do see a 5K coming up that I want to race, I'll make sure to do some training runs involving 5K-pace chunks in the 2 weeks prior.  Other than that, nothing outside the usual Pfitz goodness.

Anomalous

Geez! You're speedy! Congratulations on retaining your title!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi