Beginners and Beyond

Hey Penguins, It's Thursday Again! (Read 200 times)

From the Internet.

Maybe they heard about your pool performance!  Wink

LOL! Clearly that's it - no medical reason, they just want to save me further embarrassment.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Philie- Yes I am his fiance Smile

Welcome to the Colony.  Umm, I'm old, pewpewpew is too long for me to remember Wink can I just call you 3P?  And you can call me Al... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Awood said I should say Hi. To begin with I have never enjoyed running in my life until my fiance helped me clean up my form. I ran my first 5k this summer and have been sort of hooked ever since. This year we will be racing in Chicago in March, getting married in May and I will be attempting my first half marathon in November. I have a nasty case of asthma and was a smoker for longer then I would like to admit. As much as I can I am running outside even through the Indiana winter. I was playing roller derby for a local team but am taking a break from that to plan the wedding. I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming year and read some of Scotty Dog reports...I hear good things.

Welcome! Great bunch of motivation, inspiration, and encouragement is found here.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pew3.  Sounds like you are really making a lot of progress running with awood.   Hope you can make it to the Oak Park, IL  FLW 10K in October.

Took a URD today as DW caught my cold and is taking an URD.  I needed to get over to the health club anyway.  Looks like I'll be running solo next few days.

Laruen - I took 2 months off for shin splints last year. It sucked, but it was much easier to come back after 2 months than it was to start in the beginning. I'm sorry you're suffering. Sad

Anyone want to buy my garmin 110 with heart rate monitor?  Its grey with a pink stripe.  Ive only used it 2 or 3 months, it has 47 workouts total  on it.  Nothing wrong with it.  I need a 210 so I can program intervals.  I only used the heart strap once.  I have all original paperwork, box everything.  I think im gonna put it on ebay. 

I might be interested! Can you PM me the price you are looking for? I have to see if I can convince DH that this would be an excellent birthday present. Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Well, I got my scheduled 5 miles in tonight, but none of the strides.  I planned on doing them at the park, but found out the track was covered in packed snow and ice that was pretty chewed up.  If you weren't slipping, you were twisting and ankle anyway.  Just wasn't worth the risk.

Welcome PEWPEWPEW!!! :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  9 miles went great.  Pacewise and HR too.  Very happy today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pewpewpew

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Scotty you can call me 3p I dont mind one bit.

Did my first ever tempo run today. I have to say Im happy that there will only be one of those per week.  Awood tells me they get better, Im having a hard time believing him just yet but I will give it another shot next week.

Bin Running

Welcome Pew3.

Lauren, I took like 1-2 mths off running due to shin splints earlier this year.. I would do the hop on 1 leg test.. 10 times w/o pain b4 I attempt to slow jog.. I did walk 5min, jog 1 min (total of 30 mins) and redue the timing of walk slower (like every 2 days).. Try to google shin strengthening exercise.. it helps me..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awood said I should say Hi. To begin with I have never enjoyed running in my life until my fiance helped me clean up my form. I ran my first 5k this summer and have been sort of hooked ever since. This year we will be racing in Chicago in March, getting married in May and I will be attempting my first half marathon in November. I have a nasty case of asthma and was a smoker for longer then I would like to admit. As much as I can I am running outside even through the Indiana winter. I was playing roller derby for a local team but am taking a break from that to plan the wedding. I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming year and read some of Scotty Dog reports...I hear good things.

We've been waiting for you to come around Smile welcome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Pew, welcome, I'm Mitch and another one of the old geezers. Do you and awood have to take turns using the computer to post in our wonderful group? Lol, sorry, couldn't resist. DW and I have to take turns.

Lauren, I took off for months when I got shin splints. I was just getting started with running so it wasn't a big deal back then.

Tori, you forgot to use the word enabler!

I ended up getting 6.4 miles tonight. As I started running tonight, I sorta bumped into 5-6 other peeps running in the neighborhood, kind of cool.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - It's my turn Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

tracilynn

Welcome pew3!  It's about time you showed up. 

I did 3 tonight. It was tough because I have a little cold going on. Speaking of shins, my left shin is hurting again. Sigh. It's always something, I swear. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Pew, welcome, I'm Mitch and another one of the old geezers. Do you and awood have to take turns using the computer to post in our wonderful group? Lol, sorry, couldn't resist. DW and I have to take turns.

Is your DW on the forum??? Or did you just mean taking turns on the computer in general

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to