Beginners and Beyond

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Balloon Ladies? (Read 77 times)

PADRunner

Interesting story about how they handle the course time limit. I understand the need for a limit as long as it's well publicized in advance. I had never heard of the Competitor Group policy about busing people up. That I can't support and would consider it cheating.

Balloon Ladies

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304561004579137713459355656

Jess runs for bacon

Disney will sweep your ass, but they are pretty fair about it. They start in the last corral (for reference, it here is an elite then something like a-h for the rest, and I, a 2:40 half marathoner, got in corral B) and are consistent with their pacing. There are still tons who get swept in these races, which blows my mind. CG though, that seriously bothers me. I've heard of that happening all the time.

happylily

My worst nightmare ever is to be forced into the bus of shame. Surprised I'd rather be stripped of my bib and have to walk back many miles on my own than have to sit on that bus.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I thought this was pretty crazy...

Rock 'n' Roll races offer to drive slower runners farther up the course,

Kinda just cheating yourself if you do that, aren't you?  I'm sorry, but if I ever had to do that - take a ride farther up the course - maybe I would continue on, but from then on, it would just be for fun and to cheer others on and when I got close to the finish line, I would divert off course and not cross the actual finish line to give myself an official time for the event, and just mark myself as DNF.  Cuz IMHO doing that kind of thing - finishing after getting a ride part-way - just disrespects all the people who actually completed the entire course. But maybe that's just me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I thought this was pretty crazy...

Rock 'n' Roll races offer to drive slower runners farther up the course,

Kinda just cheating yourself if you do that, aren't you?  I'm sorry, but if I ever had to do that - take a ride farther up the course - maybe I would continue on, but from then on, it would just be for fun and to cheer others on and when I got close to the finish line, I would divert off course and not cross the actual finish line to give myself an official time for the event, and just mark myself as DNF.  Cuz IMHO doing that kind of thing - finishing after getting a ride part-way - just disrespects all the people who actually completed the entire course. But maybe that's just me.

Is it called the Rosie Ruiz bus?

Dave

#artbydmcbride

It is crazy, and the Rock n Roll Las Vegas marathon had a 4.5 hour course limit!!

For 2013 they increased it to 5 hours!

Time Limits- New to 2013 Event- The full marathon time limit has been increased to 5 hours!

From their website:

If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:

• Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
              • Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
              • If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station.

Runners run

Jess runs for bacon

Is it called the Rosie Ruiz bus?

Check out this new cheater:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5175135&page=6