Beginners and Beyond

4titude - formerly known as Team 4 (2014) (Read 50 times)

Rubybaby43

enabler

Hi, Team 4 teammates!!

I am Kristy...you can find me on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/kristy.lotholson

I will start a Facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/groups/1429019943996152/ For now, this group is closed.  Once we are all together, we will make it private.

AND a thread on RWOL....http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/2014in2014-team-4-the-get-to-know-each-other-thread

I think once we have assembled our team on Facebook, we will begin the task of brainstorming for a new team name.  We don't need to do that on a public forum.  Someone could steal our awesome ideas! 

KLO

more miles = more beer

From the Internet.

Hi team 4! Big grin

Rubybaby43

enabler

Hi, Lauren!  I see you found our new facebook page! :-)

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi Team 4!!!

....hope you don't all hate me cuz I'm currently injured

Sad some contributor I am!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Rubybaby43

enabler

No!  I am injured as well.  I almost dropped out, but was talked into lowering my mileage and staying on.  I am in recovery mode, done with rest mode.

I have run 7.25 miles this week.  That is more than I thought I'd be running in the month of December.  So, I'm migrating back towards being happy.  LOL

Hi Team 4!!!

....hope you don't all hate me cuz I'm currently injured

Sad some contributor I am!!!

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Aww so try to hear you're injured as well Sad

No!  I am injured as well.  I almost dropped out, but was talked into lowering my mileage and staying on.  I am in recovery mode, done with rest mode.

I have run 7.25 miles this week.  That is more than I thought I'd be running in the month of December.  So, I'm migrating back towards being happy.  LOL

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Rubybaby43

enabler

Kristin, I think I have seen you reply on Facebook to Leiba....I didn't catch what your injury was, though.  What happened?

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm actually not sure....on December 8th I ran a half marathon and the next day I couldn't put any pressure on my left heel without excruciating pain in front of my left heel. Doc thinks it is a stress fractured cuboid bone in my foot and has been treating it as such. However I got an MRI on Tuesday and he STILL hasn't told me the results. Which I'm not sure whether to interprete that as good or bad news.....but stress fracture is the working diagnosis until proven otherwise Sad

Kristin, I think I have seen you reply on Facebook to Leiba....I didn't catch what your injury was, though.  What happened?

Rubybaby43

enabler

I hope you get a call tomorrow!  I think you should just call them yourself...tell them you've been waiting for results for almost a week.  I will be curious to hear what the word is.  I had major pain with the lateral edge of my left foot after I started increasing my miles (as a relatively new runner, at the time).  I was researching all sorts of stuff and a fractured cuboid was one of the ones that seemed most likely, at the time.  I couldn't bear ANY weight on my foot at all.  It was so bad.

Turned out to be a severely bruised foot.  LOL (I can laugh about it now).  I seriously have a high threshhold for pain, but when you can't walk, it's hard to be patient and not read the worst into it.

On a funny note, it was while I was recovering from that, and before I knew there were no fractures, that I vowed to train for a HM if everything was okay.  Before that, I had never EVER intended to run long distances OR run races, other than the one race I had just run.  I was just going to be a recreational runner.

Good luck and let us know what you hear!!  My fingers are crossed for you.

I'm actually not sure....on December 8th I ran a half marathon and the next day I couldn't put any pressure on my left heel without excruciating pain in front of my left heel. Doc thinks it is a stress fractured cuboid bone in my foot and has been treating it as such. However I got an MRI on Tuesday and he STILL hasn't told me the results. Which I'm not sure whether to interprete that as good or bad news.....but stress fracture is the working diagnosis until proven otherwise Sad

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Aww Ruby that's actually a good story, though I can't imagine it was fun at the time!!

There was no bruising on my foot (and I'm of Irish, English, German and Slovaak descent....AKA the whitest palest girl ever lol) so if it was a bruise on sure I would have seen it....unless it is a bone bruise. Trust me I'm dying for the results too!!! I just want to RUN...it has been 2 weeks no running....12 days in a boot....but who's counting?!

delicate flower

Hello, Team 4.  I am on Team 10 but I just wanted to say hi anyway.

<3

hog4life

Hello!

Rubybaby43

enabler

LOL, Phil....hi!

Hi, Mitch! 

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

Still looking for the following Team 4 members to join us on Facebook (these are their RW user names...hoping they are the same here):

Editing to delete those we are still looking for.....cuz we ain't looking for anyone no more!

YAY TEAM 4!!  Now....to select a name!

KLO

more miles = more beer

hog4life

Still looking for the following Team 4 members to join us on Facebook (these are their RW user names...hoping they are the same here):

Motormouse
                                ktsmitty21
                                RvrRunner
                                lewjeffrey
                                Running_dog_doc
                                Mistyvs
                                camille2

I messaged camille2, maybe she will see it tomorrow.