Beginners and Beyond

RR- My 10-mile debut, edit- race photos added p.4! (Read 119 times)

Zelanie

Photos are up.  I've only ever been in one race photo before, and in that one I looked like I was walking and texting, not about to PR a 5K.  These ones are much better.  I am having as much fun as it looks like I am.

Mile 1.  I little out of focus, but it is a floater:

Mile 9.  Still having a great time.  And just about to pass the woman with the red elbow you can see, who'd been running close to me most of the race.

happylily

Photos are up.  I've only ever been in one race photo before, and in that one I looked like I was walking and texting, not about to PR a 5K.  These ones are much better.  I am having as much fun as it looks like I am.

Mile 1.  I little out of focus, but it is a floater:

Mile 9.  Still having a great time.  And just about to pass the woman with the red elbow you can see, who'd been running close to me most of the race.

Wow! What a great looking runner you are! LOVE!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Lily- You're so sweet, thank you!  Unlike you, I look better when I have a number pinned in front of the abs. Wink

Supersono99

You take great race photos! Nice job in your race.

What a great race zelanie, you've come do for in your training. Good luck with the HM!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Amazing job! Nice job pacing yourself! Now you're ready to kill the rest of your training and hit it out of the park during your half!!! Love the pics, adorable, and nice floater!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Have you seen D2's legs?

Big leggers of the world unite!  We'll show those toothpick leggers how it's done. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Great job kid. Keep up the food work. And 2 floating pics. Awesome.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Race photos aren't up yet, but here's the pre-race group photo.  I'm the only one with a number on since my race started 15 minutes before everyone else's 5K.  I think it's interesting that I feel like a midget compared to the others, and yet my legs are huge!  Maybe I didn't really lose weight in my legs because I was exercising through my weight loss?  Or maybe I'm just built that way?  Anyway, I wonder if it helps me as a runner?

Gee, your legs look fantastic to me! Big grin  And you may be a bit physically smaller than some other people, but so what?  Your big heart more than makes up for that!

Congrats on your race!   So did your husband get a prize for successfully predicting your pace? Wink   You are gonna KILL your HM, no doubt in my mind!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great job kid. Keep up the food work. And 2 floating pics. Awesome.

Yeah, Zelanie...keep up the 'food' work...eat healthy!   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt