Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Already? (Read 274 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                  

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I've boiled water for my saline nasal rinse. I've had my twice-weekly (only before my long run and my speed workout) cup of coffee. In a little less than an hour, I'll head to the TM for 19.0 miles. Later today, I'll do weights, abs, and push-ups.

LRB

Good morning, good luck with your long run!  I've got 4 to run but it's gonna be awhile before I get to that.

@runjerseygirl

4 on the treadmill for me.  Was supposed to do 8, which would have been a new distance PR, but my left foot started giving me problems around mile 3.  Tried to run through it, but the pain wasn't worth it.

Oh well, I guess there's always next Sunday.

Do you even run?

LRB

...but my left foot started giving me problems around mile 3.  Tried to run through it, but the pain wasn't worth it.

What's up with that?

@runjerseygirl

What's up with that?

Don't know.  It was the bottom of my foot on the inside.  Not like a sharp pain, but not a dull one either.  The first thing I thought was PF or stress fracture, so I decided to stop.  Not that I was panicking over it, but I didn't want it to turn into anything serious like that.  You know, trying to be smart and listen to my body.

I totally rocked a new pair of socks, though.  I may have only done 4 miles, but I looked good doing them.  Wink

Do you even run?

I'm going to take m wife and son to breakfast at one of the places featured on "Diners, Drive In and Dives , this is  my favorite meal of the day. Today's special: Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Casserole.

The at least 4 miles this afternoon, that would make three weeks in a row over 20 mpw.

cute socks Kay.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Basya, feel better and I hope the treadmill isn't too torturous.

Kay, hope the foot feels better. Love the socks. Smile

LRB, enjoy your run when you do it!

Hoping for 5 at some point today. We have fresh snow so I don't know how my neighborhood will be in terms of footing. I am going to try my hardest to not be lazy and blow it off.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sparker, enjoy the breakfast and the run! Nice consistency with the MPW.

Jess runs for bacon

URD for me. Must have gotten food poisoning because I started feeling sick out of nowhere at 4, then started ralphing at 6 and for every hour or two until 3am. The plus side is I dropped more than four pounds. Heh.

delicate flower

SUNDAY!  Day Two of my four day weekend.  We got a foot of snow last night, so me and Wife are going to snowshoe today.  Then it's some shopping and some cleaning the house.  She is out snowblowing the driveway right now while I drink my coffee.  *sip*

6.5 easy miles in the snow yesterday.  Week 9 in a row of 50+ miles, topping my previous best of two.

By the way, size 38 men's sportcoats are not easy to find.  Apparently there are no thin men in this country.

<3

Just B.S.

This is why we did our long run yesterday. Will do an hour or so on the bike trainer today.

Been snowing all night and many more inches on the way. That is our driveway, there is a road out there

somewhere too, you just can't see it.

Any of your snow lovers willing to come help shovel? Free room and board. I am making turkey soup and

split pea soup with tea biscuits today so you will be well fed.

StepbyStep-SH

Beth - Very pretty - as long as you don't want/have to leave the house. I'll let you keep it, though.
                            Babboon - You've really been rockin' the mileage. Nice. Have fun snowshoeing.
                            lilac - Hope it's short-lived. That's no fun.
                            Kay - Hope the foot feels better tomorrow.

(U)RD for me. I had been leaving the door open to possibly run today, thinking I might be able to squeak out the miles I still need to reach my 2012 goal, but started feeling feverish last night with a cough from my chest. Still not feeling great today, so I'm going to skip the run and just accept that my year will end about 10-20 miles short of my goal.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Beth, it's beautiful! But we have just as much here in Beloeil. So if you do mine, I'll do yours after. Big grin

Basya, good luck with your 19 miles! I can't believe that you have another workout later during the day. You are strong!

Kay, those socks look fabulous on you!

LRB, enjoy your run!

Sparker, blueberry French toast? Please adopt me! Enjoy the time with your family!

April, enjoy your run in the snow. You can do it!

Lilac, how awful! Maybe it's a virus you caught from someone and not food poisoning? I had that about two weeks ago. HATE, HATE, HATE gastro. Hopefully you will feel better soon. These things don't last long, thank God!

Phil, your DW is cleaning the driveway? What a pampered man you are. Big grin Enjoy your long weekend and the snowshoeing!

15 very slow miles for me right after my coffee.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Damn Beth!  It snowed here too, not as much though.  It's real nasty out as none of the streets are plowed due to cities being off for the weekend, and they won't be for at least three more days because of the holiday.

I am one who doesn't mind shoveling because I like the workout, but when it comes twice in a day, or on consecutive days, that crap gets old real fast!

I tried my new shorts yesterday and though I didn't get chaffed, I can feel where I might running double digit miles.  I don't know why that is.  I got roughed up pretty good during my marathon and I thought it was the brand (nike) of short, these are elite level pearl izumi's though and it appears the same thing will happen.

I'm going to try them with a pair of extended length boxer briefs underneath, which have never giving me a problem.  It kind of defeats the purpose of wearing running shorts as they have a built in liner, but I guess it's still better than wearing the longer heavier BB shorts.

Maybe I can cut the liner out....