Beginners and Beyond

Show me your running legs. (Read 1596 times)

I love my nerds! <3

Halloween this year:   Wink

happylily

hahaha! I saw that pic in NRR, and I never did comment on it. Now's my chance: Hilarious! :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

bluerun, I cannot see the pics.

Now?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Just B.S.

And yet, despite all of that, you manage to look cute as a button in pink, or with a running skirt on. :-) You're the best, Beth!

I never used to cuss at all for years. My father swore all the time and I just hated it so much. I've only started swearing in English when I became a member of this forum. Somehow, in English, it just doesn't feel real to me.

So Damaris, not bad, eh?  And thanks for unbanning me. I'm free! Yoohoo!

Well I'm still a lady!LOL

Honestly though my kids are 21 and 23 and they have never heard me cuss. I can do it but in selective

company or while running in my head on a tough race or sometimes out loud.

I did a duathlon in July where my chain came off going UP a big hill and I unclipped just in time to not

fall on the pavement. There were definitely a few F bombs flying that day.Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Now?

I can see them now.  Thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

This = Awesome!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Just B.S.

One of my favs!! I told hubby that next year at our Halloween Creepy Crawl this is going to be our costume!!LOL

@runjerseygirl

Aww, you guys make such an adorable nerd couple! Smile

Do you even run?

Aww, you guys make such an adorable nerd couple! Smile

Yes,well...she was a chemical engineering major and I was a mechanical engineering major so sadly it isn't really that much of a stretch. However we have both moved on from there into more non-nerd careers and haven't done a lot of hard-core "engineering" work in a while. 

Nevrgivup

Yes,well...she was a chemical engineering major and I was a mechanical engineering major so sadly it isn't really that much of a stretch. However we have both moved on from there into more non-nerd careers and haven't done a lot of hard-core "engineering" work in a while. 

Love the pics! Dh and I are also nerds. I'm a nursing grad student. I'll be a Nurse Practitioner and he's a Mechanical Engineer.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

@runjerseygirl

I have decided that summer leg photos > winter leg photos.  This is before my run today.  And for the record, my post-run butt > my pre-run butt.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Not sure about long pants but I'm still considering running in bra and shorts during my HM Sunday because it will be in the high 70s.

*ducks*

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Jenny - How did you manage to get ONLY one leg so muddy?

General comment - Anyone else notice that women who run look a hell of a lot younger than non-runners? Keep up the good work!

Cycling up Alpe d'Huez last month... on my buddy's steel commuter bike with terrible gearing. I wanted to die.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Dad on the run.

Would a shot of me in a pair of compression shorts be inappropriate?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Would a shot of me in a pair of compression shorts be inappropriate?

I guess you didnt see the dude with just shoes on.       Surprised

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas