Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Boon is racing the Philly marathon today! (Read 58 times)

LRB

Give it hell yo. 

LRB

What up doe!

I am either running tempo-ish today, or easy.  After trudging through that stupid snow yesterday (which is all gone now), it depends on how my legs feel once I am out there.

Afterwards, I will eat heartily then chill and watch the big game.

So what's on your plate today?

From the Internet.

GO BOON! Show that race who's boss!

3.05 miles this morning, 9 yesterday, 31.25ish total for the week and feeling good  Little cutback next week and then onward and upward!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Kick some ass Boon!!

My quads freaking hurt from Friday's run on those hilly trails, they didn't even start to hurt until last night... blah. My son was up most of the night after 12 AM due to either growing pains in his legs or restless leg syndrome, he has gained just over 2 inches in the last 2 months....

Anyways, I didn't want to get out of bed this morning  I wanted 9 miles but due to lack of sleep and sore quads I only managed 7.5 for the day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Go Phil!

Finally, the Y has reopened.  I was not looking forward to a LR in cold rain.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Go Boon!

Marjorie

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

46:55 at 10K on pace for 3:17:56.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

46:55 at 10K on pace for 3:17:56.

Thank you!

GO BOON!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Go Phil, kill it!!

I'm enjoying my post race slumber.  I've only run once this past week, a 4.5 mile fun run through the Christmas lights on the boardwalk on Wed evening (and felt great!).  I'll start back up tomorrow with some easy running and start working towards my 50k next month.  I'm not going to do any real training for it, just get some trail time and rely on my current fitness.  Should still be able to knock a decent chunk of time off from last year.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.  Today and tomorrow are going to be Summer hot days.  Bah.

Good luck, Phil!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MothAudio

Good luck Phil... @ Philly, not in our fantasy football rematch. Boxing smileys

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

You Rang?

Go Boon!  Win this thing!

I have 16 miles this evening.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Hey! Just checking in to report for those not already tracking, Baboon is through 30K at a 7:39 pace, projecting to about 3:20. Kicking ass!

Dave

happylily

Hey! Just checking in to report for those not already tracking, Baboon is through 30K at a 7:39 pace, projecting to about 3:20. Kicking ass!

Thanks, stranger... Go, Phil! Almost done, you're doing great!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Thanks, stranger... Go, Phil! Almost done, you're doing great!

Ha. You We know better. 

And I will be more regular here when I am running again....

Dave