Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When I nod my head, hit it (Read 42 times)

LRB

LRB

Next time, I'll use the alarm clock instead!

'Sup crew!

I slept in (if you can call it that) on a Tuesday for the first time in forever.  No running for me today but I will take all the coffee in Columbia!

Mmmmm...beer

Here ya go Rick Smile  http://youtu.be/UKyhTX9LQEA

5 miles done last night with a full belly, hate running after dinner, but had to get it done.  7.5 miles done this morning.  I'll get 4 more tonight at my club's Summer Series.  They do a series of 4 mile runs on Tuesday evening in July, tonight is guess your time.  Everyone estimates their time and we do a staggered start with the goal of everyone finishing together.  Then we have a big party and drink lots of beer. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Enjoy the beverages gentlemen.

Im heading out for 8.

happylily

Enjoy the beverages gentlemen.

Im heading out for 8.

It's 4 am for you, go back to bed.

10 miles after work. Plus the corework that I was supposed to do yesterday, but the 15 miler took all I had, so I said screw the corework.

Have a great Tuesday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Here ya go Rick Smile  http://youtu.be/UKyhTX9LQEA

Bugs is my man, I would vote for him if he ran for office.  lol

I hate they took the Looney Tunes off the Cartoon Network, it was a great way to start the day!

delicate flower

Hello then what do you say now there!  I've got 7-8 miles planned after work today.  The effort depends on how my legs feel a mile into the run.

Saw another bear on my run yesterday and it scared the crap out of me.  I was running on one side of the road and heard a loud scuffling in the woods across the street.  I looked over and a large black bear came strolling out of the woods.  I backtracked a little and just stood there watching.  It was no more than 20 feet away.  The bear just looked at me, then proceeded to cross the street right in front of me and into the woods.  Once he was far enough into the woods, I continued in my way, albeit a little high strung.  So about two minutes later, as I am on edge and still nervous, two bikers snuck up behind me and passed me on the trail without saying "On your left" and scared the hell out of me.  I jumped.  So I yelled "On your left, for chrissakes!"  It's not like me to snap at a couple of strangers, but that was pure reactionary.  They just looked at me confused and continued on their way.  Despite a sign at the trailhead telling cyclists to alert pedestrians that they are passing, I'd say a solid 5% of cyclists actually do it.  Anywho, I ran 8.4 miles at 8:21 pace on one of my hilly routes.  It was a good run.

<3

8 miles. No bears. Some bunny rabbits though. They can be dangerous too.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles with some speedwork tonight.

So, last night we go to dinner and we come out to a car with a broken window on my husband's car.  Some juvie gang was apparently having fun in that area last night.  Nothing stolen but two cheap jackets that were on the floor.  Leave the valuable stuff and take the cheap shit, idiots.  Good thing it was his car because I would've thought mine was cursed at this point.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey hey hey!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a cup for me, too.

Dave, nice five last night. Bravo on the 7.5 this morning. Have fun doubling.

B-Plus, enjoy your eight-miler.

Lily, have a terrific ten-miler and a pleasant core-work session.

Phil, have an awesome run tonight.

DaveP MI, excellent eight.

Damaris, enjoy your seven-miler. Boo on the break-in.

I decided to double either tonight or Thursday evening. I don't know yet. Tonight, I'll do the weight training that I'd planned to do last night, plus ab work and push-ups. (I did those last night.)

I just finished nine easy miles on the TM in 1:29:29. 9:57 pace.

B-Plus

It's 4 am for you, go back to bed.

I promise to sleep in tomorrow. 8 miles done @ 8:42. I really felt last night's speedy run.

What's with all the bears in Baboon country?

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow Baboon, that's quite the encounter. Glad it turned out ok.

My run was pretty boring. It was 7 Easy miles, done in about 66 minutes.

I think tonight I'll start packing my bag for the hospital, just in case. My wife packed hers a month ago. Hopefully she has learned that when dad gets ready for something, it's probably time to start paying attention. Smile

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

While I suppose a bear encounter could be possible for me, I'm glad it's never happened!

SRD, and despite my original plans otherwise, I am taking it. When DS wakes up at 2 a.m. and wakes me up, I have a terrible time dragging myself out for the alarm at 4.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

A friend of mine is in the Netherlands and saw this and posted it on my timeline.  I'm famous!

Dang, Damaris...I hope that festival is not in the Red Light District of Amsterdam,.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I think tonight I'll start packing my bag for the hospital, just in case. My wife packed hers a month ago. Hopefully she has learned that when dad gets ready for something, it's probably time to start paying attention. Smile

When is the due date?

Dave