Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When I nod my head, hit it (Read 42 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

When is the due date?

Months ago they set it at 7/19. She's been pretty low for a while. Maybe she's just rubbing off of me thinking it's going to be prior to her due date, or wishful thinking.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up at 5 a.m. today, at the Y by 6 a.m. and out on the trails and roads.  Dang, it was nasty, we almost had Miami weather!  Upper 70s at 6 a.m., humidity of 90 percent, dewpoint around 75, sheesh.  Sweating like crazy for my whole outing.   Even so, I felt pretty good and ended up doing a run/walk of 50 minutes/4.4 miles, so I got my 'long run' for the week done.

Enjoy all the columbian coffee, LRB!

Sounds like a fun run tonite, D2!  Enjoy!  Yeah, not fun running after dinner.  I did that once and ended up puking on an annoying little yappy dog in the neighborhood. To this day, its little old lady human - and a nasty little old lady she is, too - refuses to talk to me, and crosses to the other side of the street, lol, when she sees me coming in the neighborhood.

Way to go on your great 8, B-Plus.

Congrats on your 15 miler, Lily.

Dang, Phil, what's up with you and bears?  You just have a smell that attracts them?   Glad he left you alone....probably figured you're too darn skinny and boney to eat.  Now, if it was ME who had been there, that bear mighta figured he'd have enough for a month's worth of meals.     Yeah, it's annoying, those cyclists that don't call out.  Luckily around where I am, most of the cyclists are actually pretty good about doing it.

Sorry about your DH's car, Damaris.  Hope it's an easy fix for him.

Have fun with your workout, Basya.

Enjoy your SRD, Step!

Nice run this morning for you Andrew.   So how soon will the trip to the hospital be coming?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Months ago they set it at 7/19. She's been pretty low for a while. Maybe she's just rubbing off of me thinking it's going to be prior to her due date, or wishful thinking.

That's soon!  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Is this your first child?  Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!    After she goes into labor be there for her and be supportive, but....DO NOT GET WITHIN ARM'S REACH OF HER!   A wife in labor sometimes has a tendency to turn into completely different person....you think the exorcist and movies like that were scary...well...you just wait.... 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Is this your first child?  Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!    After she goes into labor be there for her and be supportive, but....DO NOT GET WITHIN ARM'S REACH OF HER!   A wife in labor sometimes has a tendency to turn into completely different person....you think the exorcist and movies like that were scary...well...you just wait.... 

LOL Scotty. It's our second child.

- Andrew

LRB

Boon to say that is some scary shit is an understatement!  Hopefully the local wildlife management people are on top of all that.

And lol about the bikers which is never funny but in this I know what you mean!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LOL Scotty. It's our second child.

Oh good; then obviously you already know what to do since you still have both arms intact after the first one...  

Docket_Rocket

If I were to see a bear during a run, I would sure have a bear attack of the other kind....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Today's workout kicked my butt.

1 mile warm up

2 @ ghmp (7:10) 3 min rest

2x1 mile @ 10k (6:50) 2 min rest

2x800m @ 5k (6:30) 2 min rest

8 miles total

I managed to hit all the paces except the last 800 but I was close. It hurt like hell but I remembered that LRB said you HAVEt to just push through it. That's how your legs learn to go. I'm tired. DW2 is in the pool doing her thing (training) and I'm going to doze in the car.

Good night.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

coffee , bears and break-ins oh my!

I hear you about feeling yesterday's speed work.

14 easy done - not pretty - damn exhausted - wanna nap

Have a great Tuesday all.

LRB

Hi Dailies.

1 mile warm up

8 miles total

I managed to hit all the paces except the last 800 but I was close. It hurt like hell but I remembered that LRB said you HAVEt to just push through it. That's how your legs learn to go. I'm tired. DW2 is in the pool doing her thing (training) and I'm going to doze in the car.

Good night.

I say the dumbest things lol

That's an impressive ass workout yo!  If you can do that in training the race becomes a formality.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Dailies.

1 mile warm up

8 miles total

Good night.

Yeah man, those 800s look not fun. Nice workout!

- Andrew

You Rang?

Morning Daillies!

I just got back from an easy four.  By the end of the first mile, my mind had drifted off.  I had John Cougar Mellencamp's Jack & Diane running through my head.  Might go back out there tonight for four more, but only if I can get something other than JCM in my head.  Suggestions?

MCM training starts in earnest for me.  The calorie counter is back on as we return to the land of perpetual hunger.

Sorry to hear about the broken window D.  Hope it is  a cheap fix or you have good insurance.

Brr.  Kids are fun.  Welcome (back) to the sleep deprivation tank!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

I just got back from an easy four.  By the end of the first mile, my mind had drifted off.  I had John Cougar Mellencamp's Jack & Diane running through my head.  Might go back out there tonight for four more, but only if I can get something other than JCM in my head.  Suggestions?

A metal spike running through your head would be preferable.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 this am.

Marjorie