Beginners and Beyond

The eagle or in this case "cow" has landed :) (Read 96 times)

Just B.S.

Finally the eagle (or in this case cow) had landed. Hubby and I received our marathon awards from

the Mooathon in Donegal County Ireland on Sept 29.

3 rd Place Overall AND  1st in AG for him
    1st place AG for me (also 4 th female overall)

Now to find a suitable place of prominence for these tasteful pieces of hardware or as hubby is

referring to them the new "bookends".

Several of our friends also received Moo-awards and are equally delighted with this lovely piece

of memorabilia. Big grin I am currently trying to find suitable names for them.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Now that's what I call a trophy! Congrats to you both.

hog4life

Beth, I seen these on FB, I love them! Best looking trophy ever!

Sloooow.

Those are some very nifty trophies! Definitely deserve pride of place.

Silly question, these were shipped to you? They look heavy!

Very cool.  Just another  magical chapter from your Ireland marathon trip.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Just B.S.

Very cool.  Just another  magical chapter from your Ireland marathon trip.

Thank B.  It was pretty magical and the magic is going to continue with a project I have

in the works. Can't really talk about it for a bit but it's going to be awesome!!

Coralie, they are just as cheap as and gaudy as they they look. Big grinThe cows are hollow and

don't weight much at all!LOL  

happylily

Those are the cutest awards ever! So cool that they mailed them from Ireland to Canada! Must have cost them a fortune (even though they are not heavy)... Really nice, Beth!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Philliefan33

Cool trophies--so much better than a tropy with a runner on the top.

You could name them Paddy and Patty. Then put the cow patties on a prominent shelf.

LRB

How about Frick & Frack, 'cuz it's like that.  lol  I am terrible with names, just ask my kids.  Roll eyes

Those are some hefty looking heifers, not many people can say they got marathon bling!   That's something to be proud of!

Just B.S.

How about Frick & Frack, 'cuz it's like that.  lol  I am terrible with names, just ask my kids.  Roll eyes

Those are some hefty looking heifers, not many people can say they got marathon bling!   That's something to be proud of!

True LRB. Smile No matter how ugly there are (and I actually enjoy that they are so kitchy) they will

always bring back memories of an amazing experience.

Marathon bling, even ugly bling,  is a great bonus.Big grin

P.S. now I really need to know your kids names!LOL

tinman11

Excellent!  That sounds like a great trip & race.  Good job to both of you!

Docket_Rocket

Nice cows!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page