Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - Rise of the meniscus (Read 43 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the mornin' to ya, Lads and Lasses!

I hope everyone has a happy day.

In light of the potential for further medical activity concerning my knee, I've given tribute to the meniscus in this thread's title.

No run again today, but I believe that it's time to start a good cross-training program. I've been getting lazy since I got my "ouch" and I seem to find myself wanting to sit in front of the computer drinking beer and eating peanuts instead of doing something useful. That's about to change - just because I can't run now doesn't mean I can't stay healthy.

BTW, can removing peanuts from their shell be considered cardio? Smile

Just B.S.

Sorry to hear about the continued issues Tom.

I love triathlon because it's fun but also because  it gives me lots of choices for mixing up my routine

and lots to do in case I have a reason I can't run.   Hope u find something u enjoy.

i am volunteering at a charity auction from 12-5 and will run on the treadmill and ride my bike on the

trainer tonight.

Have a good day folks .

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hi Beth!

No worries - I'll be back out there! Smile

I'll be on the phone with the doc first thing Monday morning. They called Friday while I was in a meeting, but by the time I called back, the office was closed for the weekend. So Monday, at 8 AM, I'll be on the phone with them.

My doctor has some running in his history, so that's a plus. I think he knows that it's an important part of my life. but I also have to realize that it's not the ONLY thing in life. There are other things I want to do, and have to do.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I must be insane. I am up at 4:30 to go out for a 20 mile run. This is it, the last big run of this cycle. Ugh...

Have a good day.

LRB

Good luck with the knee Tom, good morning Beth!

I am just laying here chillin' at the moment.  I will get out for a short trot in a couple of hours, after a blast of caffeine of course.  Until then, not a whole lot will be going on.

LRB

Supp Jack! I did the same thing for my last 20 mike run. You file that under doing what you gotta do!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not sure why am I awake at this hour since I'm not running but hey.  Kickboxing tonight.

Tom, hoping the knee gets better soon.

Beth, enjoy the charity auction.

Jack, have fun with your last 20.

LRB, enjoy the trot. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB, enjoy the trot. Big grin

I would give anything to enjoy running again.  Instead, I spend most of the run waiting on my back to start hurting, and once I feel the slightest hint of discomfort, spend the rest of it wondering if it is my last or not - sigh.  Mentally, this has been the worst injury I have had to overcome.

Docket_Rocket

I would give anything to enjoy running again.  Instead, I spend most of the run waiting on my back to start hurting, and once I feel the slightest hint of discomfort, spend the rest of it wondering if it is my last or not - sigh.  Mentally, this has been the worst injury I have had to overcome.

Undecided

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Hey strangers!

I'm back from hiatus and just started running again.  I meant to start 2 weeks ago but got a nasty cold then injured my arm.  Arm is still messed up, but at least I can run.

So far I've hit the TM twice for 5k.  Definitely some loss of fitness but not as bad as I feared.  So far my feet feel fine (that's why I took the break.)

Sorry to hear about the injuries, Tom & LRB.

Guess I have some catching up to do.   Better grab some coffee.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Sorry to hear about the injuries, Tom & LRB.

What up doe, welcome back!

I am actually on the comeback trail, which has been rough but everyone knows I am a positive person so the glass is half full!

LRB

Welp, it rained the entire time, there was a steady 16 MPH wind with gusts of 26, a dog scared the hell outta me hanging out of the window of a truck that drove past, a bird tried to shit on me, someone honked at me (I have no idea who it was) and my feet were soaked.  Despite all of that I got 5 miles in at an 8:19 pace.

Despite being an "easy" run, it was anything but.  It definitely took effort to maintain that pace, especially when running into the wind.  As it is, I am really happy with my "longest" (my how the mighty have fallen!) run since my return from the bench!

My back held up okay, but there was some mild discomfort from my stupid SI joint, nothing I would consider serious though.  I am really happy right now peeps.

Docket_Rocket

Good job, LRB!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Supp Jack! I did the same thing for my last 20 mike run. You file that under doing what you gotta do!

You got that straight! I had to do it then because now we are off to watch both DDs run in a XC meet. I got the 20 done! 2:58:25 and a three minute negative split. The last two miles were tough and my legs are beat up. That taper had better be good!