Beginners and Beyond

Tropical Tuesday Penguins (Read 29 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Hawaiian Shirts and Bermuda Shorts Day - wear'em to work if ya can!

Had a great 6.6 on the trails yesterday after work.  A bit of a redeeming run after Saturday's crash and burn.  18 days until my first HM of the year.  Looking forward to it.  I had a relay scheduled for the 29th-30th of June - then I get the graduation party announcement for one of my nieces - June 29th. SOOO... I dropped the relay.  Thats ok really...  my running schedule is pretty full early on.

Off to work I go.  I'm temped to wear bright-obnoxious colors but we are pushing out a new program today and the new media and brass from the departments we serve will be all over. I doubt my bosses would appreciate it very much if I were out of uniform.  If I make it on TV I'll pass along the link.  LOL

Have a great day folks...

Bin Running

Vance, Thanks for starting.. sound like a reasonable work attire.. haa Excited that you are going to run 1st HM of the yr.. Any goals?

Tropical is very adapt for me today.. But Tropical rain..

Taken after my run.. Part of th track are not covered and it is a challenge to do repeats in pouring rains.. Was to do 6 x 800 but had to giveup after 5 and also skipped the cool down.

5M with 5 x 800 @ 7:30 done.. Not too happy but that will have to do as shoes was soaking wet..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Back home prepping for court.  3 miles this morning.  More miles with DH and weights tonight.

RR posted!

Vance, Bin, morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning friends

I walked 3 miles this morning to help with the soreness from Sunday.

Make today great

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Tomas, Damaris, Bin and Vance.  Postponing a RD until tomorrow as we will be picking up DD2 after her 2 month, European adventure.

Have a great day !!!!

tracilynn

Good morning everyone. I did an easy 2 miles last night.

bin, nice cityscape picture. We woke to fog this morning too.

Vance, have fun at work. Did you go bright or chicken out? Ha

w/b Damaris!

tomas, hope the walk loosened things up for you.

Jerry, I bet your daughter has some great stories! She's lucky to have visited Europe for that length of time.

is it Friday yet??

~~~~~~~

Traci

Dad on the run.

Hello all, I tried to do some 800m repeats yesterday when I got home. First off, don't take your dogs when you are going to do speed work. Second make sure its not going to start down pouring on you while you are out there. My run got cut very short and just ran /walked the rest of the way home. Feels like I have a dime size blister on my right foot to boot, so that's just friggin awesome. I may try to redo the repeats tonight, have not decided yet.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in as I'm bout to pass out. I'm home from work and getting sleepy. I ended up running 5.2 in between the rain showers. I don't have to see the lung doc for another 6months, yay! I'll check in later.

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Morning penguins!

Love the tropical theme.  My wife and I are headed to Haiti tomorrow!  Would like to get 4-5 in tonight if time allows.

Easy 4 yesterday--the last 2 with a new Couch-to-5K class that started last night.  Just dropped in on them for support.

Here's a pic of that epic combover I referred to yesterday.  That thing stuck straight up for 1/2 mile!  Hold on squirrel!!!

Bin-Good work, despite the rain

Jimmy-False start...on the weather...24 hour penalty...repeat speed workout!

Hog-great news!

Good morning everyone else!

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

One Half So Far

Mornin, amigos.  Did 8 too fast on Sunday and bonked at 6.5 miles.  Is hot here. Had to do the last 1.5 to make it back to the car.

Will do something today.  Maybe 5 tempo.

Vance: If I had enough shirts to pull it off, I could do Hawaiian day every day.

Bin: If that is where you live, you live a long way up off the ground. Also, where's the track?

Damaris: Off to read the RR.  Have fun with court prep Smile

Tomas: Hopefully that soreness goes away soon.

Jerry: No doubt she'll be glad to be back home.

Traci: No.  It's *&%^&%&*@#*&*^&*(ing Tuesday.

Jimmy: Make sure to take care of that blister.

Mitch: Not seeing the doctor = win.

Fit: Just....wow. Makes you want to stay behind it for a while to see if it moves.

Have a good day, amigos.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  DH and I dodged raindrops to get W4D1 of our walk program done last night, and then we got a little over half of W4D2 done this morning.  But we were getting wetter and wetter, and none of us like that, so we'll try to finish it out tonight.  I brought my stuff in for a swim too, we'll see if that kind of soggy works out for me!

N-Bug -- no shorts allowed in the lab, and I don't actually own a Hawaiian shirt.  I need to fix that!!  I am wearing a highlighter yellow t-shirt from my LRS, does that count?

Bin -- seems like most of the world is soggy now!!

Docket -- enjoy your double with DH and weights!!

T-rod -- did the walking help?

Jerryb -- woo-hoo for DD's return!!

traci -- Friday, I wish!!

jblack -- yeah, I doubt the dogs were into structured speedwork!!  Fartleks, maybe ...

hog -- sleep well!!

fitfat -- loving the combover!!  Poor guy, he probably has no idea he's gone viral ...

JDrumm -- enjoy your something run, and go slower for the heat!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

T-rod -- did the walking help?

walking helped a ton. Last night I woke my self up twice because I was moving my legs to try to get them to not hurt Smile

Swimming sounds fun.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Jimmy, looks like we are on same situation.

Sam, LOL on the pic.

Jeff, I'm on 30th floor. If you look at the building on the right with a small balcony protruding. That's part of the track which is not covered. Not sure if you can visualize.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Last night DW and I went out for a five mile run and right at our turnaround the skies opened up on us. We got drenched, but if felt pretty good, but man does it feel weird to sweat in the rain! It is safe to say my legs are back to normal and now I will start upping the mileage a bit more.

Also, I lost a toenail last night, but the strange thing is what was underneath; there is this membrane thing there that is harder than skin but not as hard as a nail. It looks like a nail but I don't think it is because it's too soft. Any ideas? It doesn't hurt or anything, it's just weird!

At some point today I will get out for some miles. I feel like some speed work but it might be too soon.

Have a good day.