Beginners and Beyond

Rise and shine Saturdailies! (Read 250 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Went downtown last night and 'ya  gotta love my hometown. Right next to the local running store is a brewpub and a store for a winery where you can do tasting. 

Today is full body workout at the gym.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Heading off to pace a half...hoping my feet swing like little metronomes today! Have a great day everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Shakedown Street

9m easy

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

delicate flower

WHAT DO YA SAY THERE, SPORT!  Happy December!  BUY ME STUFF!

8 easy on the 'mill last night (9:09 pace).  Finished the month with 244.98.  HAD I KNOWN, I would have run that extra .02 miles.  Big grin  Planning an easy 3-5 miles late this afternoon.  

Busy day ahead of me and DW today.  Lots of running around to do.  I like days like this.  

Enjoy your Saturday!

<3

Purple Toes

Hello! I think I'd like to jump into the dailies if it's all right with ya'll. I need some motivation to keep my miles up through the holiday season. Today is a scheduled rest day. I'm spending the day shopping with my sister, my mom, my kids, and my niece and nephews. And then I'm hosting a sleepover b-day party for my son at night.  I may try to sneak in 1 mile on the mill to see if I can streak thru Dec.

Ball of Fury

9.25 miles at goal marathon pace (average 9:01/mile) and now at work for 12 hours...yuck!  Tomorrow is our first 20-miler ever Shocked.  Oh and Gustav, my LRS has a cupcake place next door!  Yummy!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Heading to the gym to spend some time on the elliptical as soon as this coffee cup in my hand is empty. 27 days 'til running again

Angela 

LRB

Hello! I think I'd like to jump into the dailies if it's all right with ya'll. I need some motivation to keep my miles up through the holiday season. Today is a scheduled rest day. I'm spending the day shopping with my sister, my mom, my kids, and my niece and nephews. And then I'm hosting a sleepover b-day party for my son at night.  I may try to sneak in 1 mile on the mill to see if I can streak thru Dec.

LRB

Supp peeps!

Had a good time with the gang last night, not feeling too bad.  I got 8 scheduled.  8 ounces of coffee that is...

Samurai in Training

Good morning people!!!

Shaved my beard this morning.  Glad that no shave November is past.  Off to hang with Jeep club and talk about all the mods i cant afford and then the gym.  A very manly morning. 

Just had my first run in the snow. 6 miles in the slippery stuff....my knees are feeling it. Now, cleaning and decorating for Christmas!
                          locomote

Hi all.    Joining in if you don't mind...

2 easy miles today after SRDs for tapering.   CIM tomorrow in what is supposed to be some awesome weather! 

Pinktastic

Good Morning and Happy December Runners!!

Gustav -  Enjoy the gym time!   If that's the set up near your LRS, then if anyone asks what you'd like as a present, you can just send them in that general direction and they should be able to find some nice stuff!   Very convenient!

SIAR - Good luck with your pacing - I'm sure you'll be great!

JNeilt - Way to go on your 9!   Have a great rest of your  day!

Baboon - Great run last night!  Have a great time with your DW today!

Purple - Wow!  That does sound like a busy day!  Hope you can sneak in a little TM time later!

Ami - That was a nice run last night!   I'm sure you'll be really well on your 20 tomorrow!

Angela - Have fun with the elliptical!  We're all counting down the day til you can run again as well.  Stay strong!

LRB - You crack me up!   And, only 8?  Really?   Isn't that like a child's portion of coffee?

Eddie - You shaved your beard this morning?  What's that saying around here.....   Something like:  didn't happen unless you provide pics?   So.....     Enjoy your manly man morning!    :-)

Last night was the Santa Scurry 5K.   My DH and I got there in time to see the parade of lights and tree lighting before the race.  After the parade, I had just enough time to stand in the bathroom line (it was in a real building so no porta potty) and get to the start.   I talked with a couple of co-workers for a few minutes while we waited for the race to start.   And, then we were off!!   Lots of crowding and jostling at the start which really makes me anxious so I always tend to start too fast in order to get away from the crowd.....    It was a beautiful, full moon night and the path for the 5K was lit with tiki torches.   There were tons of leaves on the ground which made for some unsure footing in places, but overall it was nice.  I ran hard and got a stitch just about at the first mile marker.   I thought about slowing but decided to try to focus on breathing more deeply to see if that would help instead.   That made it more bearable so I kept running - I was following a woman who looked like she knew what she was doing.   We (the woman who had no idea she was pacing me and I) cruised through mile 2 and I felt more in control, although I knew I was pushing it for me.   And, then it was over.   What?   My GPS never even got to 3!   Are you kidding me?!?  F-Bomb!!   The course was 2.90 instead of 3.1, and I was (and still am) pissed off about that!!   I am pleased with the pace and the effort I put into the race, but I'm really disappointed that it was so mis-marked.   

On tap for today:  laundry, errands, and 2 hockey games.   I can't decide if I'm going to run a few easy or just rest because my knee is bothering me this morning.   I am hoping that moving around will loosen it up and then I can get out there.

Have a Pinkerrific day!!   And, may your next run be the best yet!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

Makk - 6 in the slippery snow sounds challenging.   Good for you!!  Enjoy the decorating!

Loco - Welcome!   Good luck in your race tomorrow!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.