Beginners and Beyond

Rise and shine Saturdailies! (Read 250 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hello Purple Toes and locomote!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

Hi all.    Joining in if you don't mind...

2 easy miles today after SRDs for tapering.   CIM tomorrow in what is supposed to be some awesome weather! 

What up doe!

Pink, I drink Pike Place by Starbucks, it's like nitro!

Sorry about the short course, it has happened to many of us.

StepbyStep-SH

DNS'd my 5-miler this morning. I got up and ate some breakfast, but the cold I've been fighting has kept me awake the last few nights coughing and I have almost no voice, not to mention no energy. So I went back to bed. I'll still take DS to run his Rudolph's Dash here in a bit, then come home to hibernate with soup, hot tea, Christmas crafts, Finding Nemo, and maybe a batch of cookies if I feel energetic.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

EasyMiles

Shari-Hope you feel better soon.

Pink-I had a 10k last weekend that was on 5.91 Garmin Miles and I was cruising to a nice new PR!  Why do race directors do that?  

Trying to decide between a rest day or getting in a short easy run.  New shoes coming later today so likely will need to try them out, right? 

Happy Saturday all-

Adam

runmomto3boys

SIAR: I hope that the HM/pacing goes well this AM! 

Gustav: I hope the work out goes well!

Jneilt: Nice job on the 9 today!

Phil: What a great month!  You rock!  Enjoy your day running around with your wifey!

Ang: I hope the elliptical goes well today.  Slowly, but surely...

Purple toes: Welcome!  It sounds like a busy day for you!!! 

LRB: I'm glad you aren't hurting too badly from your night out.  Yay!

Amik: What a great MP run you had!  Good luck on your 20 miler tomorrow!  You've got this!  Now, what's the deal: which race are you running, when, what are you targeting, blah, blah - details!

Locomote: Ohhh, man, you are running CIM?  I want to run that badly one day.  The weather is suppose to be pretty awful, right??? Heavy rain? 

Eddie: A VERY manly AM with the shave/car stuff, etc.  Have a good gym work out.

Makk: I haven't yet run in the snow!!!  Was it fun???  I am kind of looking forward to it (I started running in March, but I'm in WI and w/our warm weather, we didn't have any snow after 3/7).

Sarah: I'm so freaking sorry about that race - arrrrghhh.  How frustrating.  What were you on pace for?  A PR?

Adam: I vote easy run.  You have to crack open those new kicks!

Shari: It sounds like you made the right call.  Feel better soon!

8 recovery paced miles set for today after hubby picks up our tree. I'm going to ultra jog them b/c my last two runs haven't been great (last night's run, in particular, was a struggle to get through; the night prior, I was sick the whole run) and I want to pop off a 20 miler on Sunday. Tonight we are decorating our tree: love this time of year!!!!

Pinktastic

RMT3B - I was running under 10 and was thinking I could get my sub 30 checked off my bucket list.   :-(     The "official" stats were:  26:11 with an 8.27 pace (but I believe this was calculated assuming the course was in fact 3.1 - which it wasn't), 4th of 29 in age group, and 36th of 375 overall.   My GPS said more like a 9:09 pace - which is very good for me and kinda surprising that I can actually run that....   

Easy - I had a 10K in September that turned out to be 7.3.  It was my first 10K and I paced rather aggressively (for me) thinking it was 6.2 miles.   Imagine my surprise / frustration when that course would NEVER end!!!   It sure would be nice if the RDs were more careful about making sure the course is what it's supposed to be....

Time for more coffee!   Have a great Saturday!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

runmomto3boys

RMT3B - I was running under 10 and was thinking I could get my sub 30 checked off my bucket list.   :-(     The "official" stats were:  26:11 with an 8.27 pace (but I believe this was calculated assuming the course was in fact 3.1 - which it wasn't), 4th of 29 in age group, and 36th of 375 overall.   My GPS said more like a 9:09 pace - which is very good for me and kinda surprising that I can actually run that....   

HOW FRUSTRATING!!!! Arrrrrghhhhhhhh.  At least you know that you have gotten mad fast.  By the looks of your Garmin data, you would've crushed the heck out of your PR.  Next time...

Hi guys!  

Welcome, PurpleToes and Locomote!  (PurpleToes, do you need some warmer socks? ; )

9.1 for me this morning, ending the week at 36.2 annnnnd (drumroll please!) putting me over my first 1,000 lifetime miles!  Woohoo!  : )  I'll hit 1,000 for the year next week, too, since I only ran 33 miles after I started running before the end of 2011, lol.

Did 4 on an out and back on a private road with my sister, then 5 more by myself.  The out and back road is a fun place to run because others use it for running as well, so we saw several other people out there, including twice seeing a lady I know (I don't often see other runners on my runs, so this is a thrill!).  It's also a pretty spot, in the woods beside a lake.  Today was supposed to be my long run but it wasn't at a long run pace- it was cold and it was one of those days that I just could not slow down.  My sister accused me of being competitive and says that when we run together I always run a step ahead of her and if she picks up the pace to run next to me, I speed up.  Also that I speed up whenever I see other people.  I really don't do it on purpose, but I think she's right...  Oops.  

Off to shower, eat the baked french toast DH is making, enjoy seeing the snow that's falling, and later get our Christmas tree.  Fun, cozy day!  

Have a nice one, guys!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

EasyMiles

RMT3B-That is almost a given.  New shoes=a little a short run.

Pink-7.3 isn't even remotely close, that would have really sucked.

Kristin-Congrats on the great Milestone!  and nice miles this morning.

Still waiting for those shoes.

LRB

Okay, time to try to burn off some of the 1800 calories I consumed last night - ugh!  Almost 100 ounces of brewski, and an entire 10 inch pizza lmao, aye!

Here's a shot of me and one of my favorite former coworkers who stopped through last night, Terry:

terry

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top 'O the Mornin', Dailies! Actually, bottom of the morning, trending afternoon!

LRB, looks like you had quite the night! Time for a workout or something. :-)

I think I'll slip out for a few easy miles today. Although I'm not participating in the streak contest thing, I'm streaking anyway. I think it's good to get the body used to more consecutive days of running if I want to build up the mileage. I'll probably rest tomorrow to prepare for some sort of speed work Monday.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

outoftheblue

My running shoes are still soaked from yesterday's run.  It's a good thing I don't need them today as it is a gym day for me -- weights and elliptical.   

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

My running shoes are still soaked from yesterday's run.  It's a good thing I don't need them today as it is a gym day for me -- weights and elliptical.   

Did you put crumbled up newspaper in them to absorb some of the water? What I've been told (and it seems to work) is to stuff crumbled up newspaper into wet shoes, let them sit about a half hour so that the paper absorbs all it can, then take it out and stuff dry newspaper in them. If they're really wet, repeat the procedure. Otherwise, let the second "stuffing" absorb water for several hours before removing or changing. That'll get rid of most of the moisture. They'll still probably need to air dry.

Doesn't hurt to have a second pair of shoes to rotate with the first either. That way, they'll get at least a day to air out between runs and it'll allow the cushion to recover its shape after use.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

locomote

Ohhh, man, you are running CIM?  I want to run that badly one day.  The weather is suppose to be pretty awful, right??? Heavy rain? 

@runmomto3boys -

This will be my fourth CIM.  I had to miss last year while travelling for work.  Here's the current hourly forecast...

I'm not going to let the rain scare me away though.  Should make it interesting and if it proves too much to make a PR possible then hey, I still get to run 26.2

A friend of mine will be there to run her 100th marathon.  I wouldnt miss helping her celebrate that!  Smile

CrisRuns

Good morning!

45 minutes on the bike so far. Somethings else later. TBD.

Be well,

Cris