Beginners and Beyond

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Race Recap (Read 84 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hey, all!  I survived 2 races in 1 weekend on crappy training.  I don't suggest it, but it does go to show that sometimes your mind is your strongest muscle!

Race recap(s) on my blog  (oh, shut up, you clicked to come here, you can click to go there! LOL).

http://www.runordi.com/

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Di, on the 2 for the weekend!  And thanks for the DC photos, nice seeing photos of my hometown area, brings back a lot of memories.   However, the Potomac is cleaner-looking than I remember it, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MothAudio

Congrats! Hopefully your next post won't be on the "Sharing Misery" thread.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Thanks for posting the photos of DC.  Metro DC is my boyhood home.  Even though you did not set a PR, you ran smart based upon your training and your week leading up to the race.  I'm sure next year you will smash your race PR and perhaps the Cherry Blossoms will be in bloom.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

hog4life

Di, I read the blog report. I want to come do tho run and would love to be in the purple corral with you. Congrats on making it to the end! Does every finisher get that cool medal?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That has always sounded like a great race to run, at least if the weather cooperated and the cherry trees were blooming. And after the Spring races there's always an Endless Summer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

What are your goals for NC24?

Don't call me Buttercup!

Di, I read the blog report. I want to come do tho run and would love to be in the purple corral with you. Congrats on making it to the end! Does every finisher get that cool medal?

You actually have to pay extra for the medal.... .which of course I did because, hey, bling. LOL   I would love to have you come do this race!!! =)

Don't call me Buttercup!

That has always sounded like a great race to run, at least if the weather cooperated and the cherry trees were blooming. And after the Spring races there's always an Endless Summer.

I knoooowwwww! Oh gosh, July better take its time getting here. =)

Don't call me Buttercup!

What are your goals for NC24?

Right now, my goal is to show up.  I have no idea other than that.  I'm not going to set a goal till this summer.  At this point I have no way of knowing what I'd be capable of.  The race is actually on my dad's 60th birthday, so I like the idea of 60, but since I've never done more than 13.1 at this point......  eek.  Who knows.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Di!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The race is actually on my dad's 60th birthday, so I like the idea of 60, but since I've never done more than 13.1 at this point...... eek.  Who knows.

Thank goodness he is not 110.  lol

outoftheblue

Great job and good luck at NC24!

Life is good.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Right now, my goal is to show up.  I have no idea other than that.  I'm not going to set a goal till this summer.  At this point I have no way of knowing what I'd be capable of.  The race is actually on my dad's 60th birthday, so I like the idea of 60, but since I've never done more than 13.1 at this point......  eek.  Who knows.

You'll have lots of help at NC 24. We'll take care of you just like they took care of me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Rondog65

Great job, love the photos of DC, I like many have had some fun in the city.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)