Beginners and Beyond

Run long run strong SunDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup Crew!

I am continuing my climb upwards running a tad bit longer today than last week, with still a ways yet to go.

What is on your agenda?

delicate flower

Hello now!  Sitting outside in the rain right now taking pics of DW in her Olympic tri.  The things I do for that woman.  Eat after.  I'll get out for an easy run later today.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

5 easy recovery miles done.  As I was running the 3rd mile of that run, I passed over the 5,000 mile mark! 

Rick, have a great run!

Phil, good luck to Mrs. Babs!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hey, people.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant run.

Phil, good luck to MBC! Have a great run.

Dave, fantastic five. Congratulations on hitting the 5,000-mile mark!

This is the third Sunday in a row with rain. Grrr! Fifteen on the TM later. Push-ups and abs, too.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Finish out this weeks 80...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Either a bike ride or a short run.  Chicago training starts tomorrow, woot!

This morning at 9am, my husband went outside and started saying da fuck over and over.  Dewpoint was 78 and it was already 92F.  He almost got an asthma attack.  He does not have asthma.  That's how fucking humid it is.  I told him, welcome to August! 

LRB, enjoy your a tad bit longer run.

Baboon, good luck MBC!  She is smart because she is taking you to eat AFTER so you do not abandon her.

D2, nice 5.  Congrats on the mileage milestone.  Has it only been 2 years?  It feels like you've been at it longer (you're a natural).

Basya, enjoy the 15.  Hope the TM treats you kindly.

Slymoon, nice job.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Booya! Last weekend can kiss my ass! This morning was a PR for me, my longest run yet at 17 miles. Ran it in 2:48:25 with an average pace of 9:54 min/mile, it was 63 degrees, 94% humidity (DP around 60) and sun was up and out and merciless but I still kicked ass!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone!

5 easy recovery miles done.  As I was running the 3rd mile of that run, I passed over the 5,000 mile mark! 

Rick, have a great run!

Phil, good luck to Mrs. Babs!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Awesome milestone man!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

B-Plus

Congrats D2 and FS!

I'm gonna run 10.

happylily

Congratulations to all our proud runners of the day!

18 miles, 8:48 pace, meh... It wasn't a bad run, but my legs felt tired. The good thing is that despite the heat, I was able to wait until the 15th mile before stopping for the first time to drink. Then for the last 3 miles, all I could think of was the taste of that Gatorade and what I'd do for another sip of it. It was like torture...

Bath, then 4 mile walk on the beach and later in the afternoon I'll go for a 20-30 mile bike ride. Another gorgeous sunny day on the island.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Happy Sunday, people.

D2 - congrats on the 5 grand. That is going to be increasing exponentially the way you are logging miles these days.

Babs - good luck to MBC, we expect a full report with pics.

17 miles, longest run since my April marathon. Average pace of 8:41, although first 2 miles were at 9:41 & 9:27 (it takes me forever to warm up in the morning) and last 2 both at 8:08. Which does not necessarily mean I was feeling strong at the end, I was actually kind of sucking wind at that point. I walk in the door and my wife asks me if I want to take the kids to IHOP. Hell yeah. Demolished a veggie omelet and a side of pancakes.

61.5 miles for the week, highest since the last week before taper of the aforementioned marathon.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!

Damaris, yup, started running in April of 2012, seems like so long ago. lol

Great job Andrea!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am sore, but I am enjoying Banana Pecan Hearty Wheat pancakes with blueberries, scrambled eggs and bacon so it is worth it 

PRs

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2. I had to wait to run as it was raining hard with lightening. Luckily I timed it right I got it done and didn't get rained on.

Marjorie

LRB

Continuing with the yummy food talk, I had this after my 14.