Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES. Feh. (Read 45 times)

Hey. I'm precaffeinated and on my way to the gym to do 3.5 slow miles on the TM at a 5.0 incline.You?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, good morning Basya!

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated!

Yes, I know I haven't posted in weeks - started with a vacation during which I had not brought my password. Then it became a habit. But that's over - I'm back.

Still running. 4 on Saturday, 4 last Thursday, 3 last Tuesday, and 6.55 the previous Saturday. Planning a run this afternoon, but first, I must sleep. Night shifts make me tired! Smile

Hope everyone's doing OK. I've got some reading to catch up on in the forum.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I've got some reading to catch up on in the forum.

Good luck with that, there are a billion race reports up.  lol  I am actually caught up on all of them except one which rarely happens.

Wassup B!  Enjoy the hill run.

As for me, I slept like a rock last night.  I had and enjoyed a three day weekend but now it's back to reality.

No running for me today and the plan was for some strength and core work but I got up much later than usual.  I am going to try to salvage some kind of short workout though.

Oh, and as for the rest of you; GOOD MORNING TEAM! 

Buenos dias, y feliz Cinco de Mayo a todo!

Thought I logged onto the wrong forum, with Basya & Tom posting. 

SRD for me.

Dave

Tom, enjoy your sleep and have a great run later.

Rick, have a great workout.

I was over-ambitious. I managed .65 miles in 7:21 (11:19) before my left calf began cramping. I need to be more reasonable. Perhaps adding .10 mile to a hill run every day?

6.0 miles after work. They'll be on the TM because I was to do thirty minutes at 6.7mph (8:57).

delicate flower

HEY-OH, it's MONDAY!  I had a very nice weekend.  I slept a lot, I ate a lot, and I ran 28 miles.  8 miles planned after work today, as I celebrate the 5 year anniversary of ACL surgery #1.  Good times.

Welcome back to the internet, Tom!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hello everyone, another Monday and less than a week until we head down to Tennessee for a nice and much needed vacation.

Rocky and I hit the trails this morning for a 5 miler that ended up being a 5.2 miles, there was a sheriff there in the parking lot but he was alright with me running out there (apparently the trails which are public are closed between 11 PM and dawn.... stupid druggies and other idiots). Hopefully I won't ever run into one who isn't fine with me running out there, I don't know why trails have to be closed at any time of day or night damn it..... I mean a lot of us healthy, active people can only get out between midnight and dawn - oh well I guess, going to keep hitting the trails until someone actually stops me, then I'll just park at the levee area until they chase me off from there 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Basya! Hello! Why so much hill work? Isn't there a chance you might make your calf worse with too many hills?

4 recovery miles at 6 a.m. and 6 more tonight, after work. Still raining here, haven't seen the sun since 2013...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates after work, followed by 5 recovery miles.

I didn't sleep a wink last night.  The cats did.  Lucky fuckers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Good morning all.  Drinking my coffee and thinking about what I need to get done today.   Trying to make time to read all the RR, but it may take a couple of days.

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! 9.5 miles Easy on the TM this morning. I normally keep loads of food at work. Checked this morning and no bananas or granola bars. I did eat some oatmeal though. I'll have to walk to the grocery store that conveniently a half block away on my first break and grab some stuff. Because blerch. Actually because I'm hungry as hell all the damn time.

Yesterday was pretty cool. In addition to helping someone haul a washing machine out of there apartment, I also went to the zoo with my family. It was great because when we got to the wolf exhibit they start howling! Holy crap! DD, who is only 2, started howling with them. LOL. Unfortunately DD's favorite thing at the zoo was the carousel.

- Andrew

Morning! 9.5 miles Easy on the TM this morning. I normally keep loads of food at work. Checked this morning and no bananas or granola bars. I did eat some oatmeal though. I'll have to walk to the grocery store that conveniently a half block away on my first break and grab some stuff. Because blerch. Actually because I'm hungry as hell all the damn time.

I hear this. I always keep all kinds of snacks in the office so I can be grazing all day long (and avoid the crap in the vending machines). You are probably also wondering why tapering the mileage does not seem to taper the appetite; I have the same experience, but no answer.

Are you feeling ready?

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day for me today

Marjorie

meaghansketch

Morning, all!

Easy miles this morning.

Welcome back Tom!

Docket_Rocket

I hear this. I always keep all kinds of snacks in the office so I can be grazing all day long (and avoid the crap in the vending machines). You are probably also wondering why tapering the mileage does not seem to taper the appetite; I have the same experience, but no answer.

Are you feeling ready?

He was born ready, yo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page